• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sea Lynx sea view Mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
Has anyone ever used this mask? It's made by Seadive and it's called Sea Lynx Sea View. It's a low volume, wide view mask with a yellow lens and a reflective outside coating! I was kinda interested in it. Any info would be appreciated!!!

BladeRunner OUT

Attachments

• mask_sealynxseaview.jpg
    mask_sealynxseaview.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 361
Hey Bladerunner

I´m sorry i havent tried that brand/model but the look and features of that mask makes me want to.

Who gets it first

Joe

That is if you dont give me link for a onlineshop!!!!!!!!!

On my bleeding knees:waterwork

Joe

Hey Bladerunner

Thanks for the link. I gotta try that mask soon. But well, have to dig my acount for some spare cash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a new omer excalibur 110 carbon gun and a 6,5mm memetic suit:D :D

Thanks a lot,

Joe

Hey no problem!

I just spent to much for an Omer Alluminum 75cm so I know where your coming from !!

BladeRunner OUT

Bladerunner

Forgot to mention my new Suunto 3D 208 US.$ hhhhmmmmmm. GodD@mmmmm

About world wide prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of our (EURO) prices suits, guns etc are half price or lower :D
please chek out this link http://www.s-d-i.dk/shop for omer gear. 1 US$ = 7,60 Dkr.

I almost choked my dinner, due to the price of the sea view mask.

Joe

yeah it does have a healthy price I just hope it turns out to be a good mask. I usually use Cressi Superchrio but I want something that has good wide view low volume and still kinda compact. I dive in dark sometimes murky water so I thought that the yellow lens would help with my hunting to !!

Cant wait to see how the Purple in, yellow our vision works in murky and dim conditions.

Joe

so did you already order one then Jensen?

oh yeah love the tats man!!! I want to get one but not sure where find a good place to get one and what I really want!!!
Your art work is really good !!!

Last edited:
The waters i hunt usually vary from day to day with wiz for 4 to 30 ft. but most of the time its around 10-13 ft.
The yellow lens should have a contrasting effect but i´m not sure about the purple. Well well i´ll just have to wait´n see.

joe

Thanks for the nice words.

I´ll order the mask a week or two from here:naughty wife, cash, wife, cash.!!!!!!!!!!

Be 100% about the tat´s man, they stick on you like forever. If you´r doing it some day. Be sure it´s in a nice gooooood place, and simply just walk away if you dont like the artist.

joe

Hi jensen and Blade.

We discussed here earlier about effects of yellow tinted lensen while diving. I at least came to conclusion that yellow is'nt very likely to help one see while underwater.
The yellow tinted glass decreases the amount of yellow light comong through. The water itself does the same thing very efficicantly when at depth. This depth does not mean much more than say 10 meters. If one goes to 10 meters and takes a picture of yellow or red fish without flash, the fish in the picture is likely to look less colorfull. The human eye converts some color, but the film / ccd does not do that, therefore the picture will get colors more towards the blue spectrum.
If using red or yellow tinted mask at the same depth you get the filthering done twice, first the water and then your mask. The problem with this is that the overall amount of light coming to your eyes is decreased.
This is all theory though, have not tried that out. If i have time i dig some information about color shifting underwater and filthering. Human eye is ofcourse a factor since the eye/brain does a lot with the perceived image anyhow and i dont know how that affects.

Good luck with your masks. Let us know how it works.

br.

Tuomo

Whether these lenses works or not time will show!!!!

Found a piece of text on the www. See you right after the commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manufacturer's Innovation: SeaVision’s patented Color-Correcting System has received world-wide acclaim for its innovative solution to restoring colors. SeaVision’s unique, patented approach to color correction involves the enhancement of the color spectrum in the water. At depth, colors begin to disappear, starting with red and gradually working towards violet. Each SeaVision lens adds these colors to “replace” the colors lost in the spectrum. The result is truer colors and more vivid underwater images. If you need prescription lenses, SeaVision’s® patented system involves one-piece precision ground lenses customized for your particular Rx. There is no bonding, gluing or other primitive methods used. They stand behind their masks with an unconditional quality guarantee second to none in the industry. Optical professional from around the world have lauded SeaVision’s product line and production techniques as some of the best available anywhere. :hmm

I´ll let you know Tuomo.

Joe

That will be very interesting to hear. Especially since the filthereing shoud change depending on the current color spectrum of incoming light, which changes depending of your depth.

Now just go through the classical iya testing procedure.. ;)

br.

Tuomo

Last edited:
Whit classical iya testing procedure i just meant a throughout testing with lot of pictures and facts, if thats what you asked.

br.
Tuomo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT