• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seabream 2016 - Finistere (video)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

coolshark

Oct 11, 2010
Hi :)
I want to offer my new video, Seabream 2016. http://urlz.fr/3Nlb
Video was done between April and June, (France, Atlantic/Manche Ocean), temperature of the water is 12/15°c.
I do nice actions with bench of white seabream.
I hope you enjoy it, leave your messages and good viewing, video is 4min30 long about

Video (HD=1080p)

Nice video. What sort of fish are you shooting? I see you passed up on a few brown fish that swam pretty close to the camera, seemed big. Are those not good to eat?

They are White bream, not common in the UK but we do get them, not many spearfishermen shoot wrasse, the 'brown' fish you refer to.
Wrasse are edible but also very placid & slow growing, a bit like an underwater puppy dog!

Nice video. What sort of fish are you shooting? I see you passed up on a few brown fish that swam pretty close to the camera, seemed big. Are those not good to eat?
Parrot fish
They are White bream, not common in the UK but we do get them, not many spearfishermen shoot wrasse, the 'brown' fish you refer to.
Wrasse are edible but also very placid & slow growing, a bit like an underwater puppy dog!

It's a parrot fish.
It's very good, i prefer white bream ;)

not many spearfishermen shoot wrasse, the 'brown' fish you refer to.

I know you have a bit of a thing for Wrasse and I totally get the reasons why. Just wondering how you feel about The Tub Gurnard? I saw my first one a couple of nights ago but didn't take it. The main reason was my own ignorance. I didn't really know what it was or if it was definitely edible. I thought all Gurnards were much smaller.

My point is I literally put my spear to his head and he didn't move an inch. I could have shot him 50 times over and I actually ended up swimming away before him. Are they always like that? Do you not shoot anything that's slow and easy to kill or just wrasse?

Great vid by the way OP, really enjoyed it, cheers.

Reactions: foxfish
We get several types of gurnard where I live but the Red & Tub are the most common & both are culinary delights!
I also enjoy plaice and they don't move either :)

Reactions: Woohoo
^ But Plaice can hide!

I was gutted when I got home, googled it and found out it was a decent eating fish. It really took me by surprise how easy it would have been to catch. It made the average Wrasse look like Usain Bolt!

Still, I enjoyed swimming with it and the next one will come home with me. Even I couldn't miss something that doesn't move when you prod it with your spear.

I know you have a bit of a thing for Wrasse and I totally get the reasons why. Just wondering how you feel about The Tub Gurnard? I saw my first one a couple of nights ago but didn't take it. The main reason was my own ignorance. I didn't really know what it was or if it was definitely edible. I thought all Gurnards were much smaller.

My point is I literally put my spear to his head and he didn't move an inch. I could have shot him 50 times over and I actually ended up swimming away before him. Are they always like that? Do you not shoot anything that's slow and easy to kill or just wrasse?

Great vid by the way OP, really enjoyed it, cheers.

It looks like a wrasse but it's not wrasse, in french, we call "vieille" http://urlz.fr/41Yg
In my view, this fish is an ideal companion when i dive. (Very easy to fish)
I catch it from 3/4 lb

Last edited:
Reactions: Woohoo
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT