• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac Asso 30 S/R working pressure ? Different manuals!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Marulken

Aug 16, 2017
Hi forum users!

There are 2 different seac pneumatic speargun Manuals.

For asso 30 S/R there are different number of pump strokes to achieve maximum pressure of 20Bar.

Asso 30 S/R
A) 30 pump strokes= 20bar (manual attached)
B) 75 pump strokes= 20bar

Link For manual B)

Does anybody know what the correct No Pump strokes it is ?

Seem that there is difficult to get a pressure gauge adapter for Seac Asso so I can't measure it.

Attachments

• asso speargun manual (1).pdf
    112 KB · Views: 299
I did this comparison chart some time ago, there is the original Asso and the Asso UP. The old table must be wrong for that 30 model. The tables were updated when Seac Sub added the UP model to the range. Either that or they changed the size of the pump.
Pumping Table ASSO and ASSO UP.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marulken
I have added in red numbers the figures from the original handbook table to the new table. The old table must have mistakes in it as the 50 and 65 pump strokes are the same except for 20 Bar which is rubbish. Note that in the original handbook there is no differentiation between the S/R and C/R models, whereas in the new tables there is. This makes sense as the regulator partitioning bulkhead takes up space in the tank and effectively reduces its volume, so all other things being equal it takes less pump strokes in a C/R model to reach a given pressure than in the equivalent S/R model as the S/R has a slightly larger tank volume to fill.
Pumping Table ASSO and ASSO UP comparison table A.jpg

I just use the pumping table as a guide and pump the gun up and see if I can still load it, you are unlikely to bust the gun with the pump.

Reactions: Marulken
Just looking at the new table I think they have screwed up the listing as the C/R models display more pump strokes than the S/R models in the Asso UP table when it should be the other way around. Someone doing the table formatting has mucked it up. C/R means with regulator and any extra bulkhead in the tank takes up volume which otherwise would be filled with pressurised air.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT