• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac asso o ring question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon305

Jan 21, 2020
On the barrel for the seac asso c/r theres grooves for nose barrel o ring, and a small block o ring, which one is the thick one? Theres a slightly thinner one and one thicker one and o cant tell from the diagram, and i havent rebuilt it in a while so i forgot while it was disassembled, any thoughts someone?

Fat o ring goes in front, if put in back the barrel wont slide back all the way into the grip and the trigger pin wont engage with the sear properly

Both those "O" rings sit on the inner barrel tube, but the one for the power regulator block will have to fit inside the ledge on the front of the power regulator where that "O" ring sits when the inlet valve body being screwed in tightens up the rear handle. This seal prevents air flowing between the prechamber and the main tank and is how the gun produces a high and low power shot. One of those "O" rings is fatter than the other, so that should be a way to check. The correct ring will be a snug fit. I cannot remember which one it is, but at a guess it will be the thinner one for the power regulator block.

What goes where, for the original "Asso" anyway.
seac sub asso O ring kit.jpg

What goes where, for the original "Asso" anyway.
View attachment 58462
Thanks pete thats an extremely helpful diagram to have, ive learned the hard way but this will prevent further future frustrations, i do have another question however maybe you know, do you know the thread for the air insert? I thought it was 1/4 G threads but the fitting i havr doesnt fit, i suspect maybe its because the spacing between the threads are larger than on the actual seac insert

I ended up just modifying my contraption, i have the salvimar pressure gauge insert, then i took 1/4 male npt to 1/8 male npt fitting, and attached it to a 1/8 npt female 6 or 8mm quick release valve, and attached the other end to the back of the salvimar piece which is a 1/4 i believe with a generous amount of thread tape to seal the threads which are loose (the threads for the seac and the salvimar gauge are fine threads vs the course threads on the fitting) and attached it all to a high pressure bike pump, then just pumped the seac up to 20 bar waaaaay easier than with the supplied pump, ill streamline it but for now it works well, i got the high pressure bike pump on amazon, it's used for filling paintball hpa tanks and airguns

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT