• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question seac partner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
thx, i hope for a review from someone use the computer for a while.
I have an Omer Omr-1 that is by looking at the on-screen graphics and buttons' functionality is made in the same factory. It costs about the same, has magnetic buttons and the battery is rechargeable but can be replaced by the user if needed (they are very cheap). It comes with one installed band and two replacement bands. I have used it extensively and happy with it. One charge lasts 3 months easily. It has to be reset once in a while but it is not a big problem. Wearing it as my everyday watch

thx, the partner cheaper then omr-1, the surface time and the recovery time how its work? its 2 times the time underwater at the dive modes?

thx, the partner cheaper then omr-1, the surface time and the recovery time how its work? its 2 times the time underwater at the dive modes?
I did not understand the second question. The watch has only one mode - spearfishing/freediving (no scuba), starts to show the depth automatically below 1.5 meters. It shows the dive time and depth when below 1.5m and automatically shows surface time above 1.5 meters. I have no need for other functions so I can not comment on those - read the manual. It has not leaked, no condensation and the only problem I had - it would at some point say that the battery is depleted while it was not. Restetting the watch solved the problem.
To me the most important feature outside of depth and dive time obviously is the surface time to have a full recovery between dives and this watch has it.
Oh, it does not have a PC interface if it is important to you. Neither does SEAC I believe.

the other question was in more expensive computer watch of apnea there is in additon to the surfce time a recovery function so i want to understand how it work.
if the function calculate the recovery time and you dont need to calaculate by yourself every dive.

the other question was in more expensive computer watch of apnea there is in additon to the surfce time a recovery function so i want to understand how it work.
if the function calculate the recovery time and you dont need to calaculate by yourself every dive.
It shows your just the surface time, it does not give you any suggestion on how long it should be based on the depth and duration of your previous dive. A generally acceptable ratio is 3:1, so a 2-minute dive will warrant a 6 minute surface time. I use a 2:1 ratio on my dives and have no problems but my dives are usually shorter than 2 minutes.
I suggest going to the scubastore website - they have the biggest selection of computers - and read the manuals if you want details. All watches $200 and below are pretty similar in functionality so reviews are the best source of the reliability info. Omer Omr-1 is OK. Some people indeed have problems but not too many. Salvimar One is a piece of crap - several people I know personally had severe problems and returned them.
If you buy any computer from Europe, you will have a 2-year warranty. So if there is a problem - you can return or service it.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT