• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac sub asso 75 (please help)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SeanButler

May 10, 2015
Hi my name Sean im 14 and from Australia and I need help with chosing a pnumatic, I have looked at the seac 75 and Im cuirious to know its general range I could expect, accuracy and any other major things I should know about this gun.

My first gun was a Seac 90cm. I am just 1.70 tall but it's a great size to load (you can always pump it up less to make loading easier) and it works well as a reef gun and I am sure it can take yellowtails or whatever curious pelagics you have if they come in close enough to check you out. Mine has taken groupers and smaller trevallys. Also, it fits in my fin bag, so it's very easy to travel with.

Not sure about the range as mine was only in stock mode for a few dives.
Look into vacuum muzzles as that's the biggest increase in efficiency you will get.

I suspect the Asso is quite affordable? Otherwise, Stens are better to modify. They have better, softer triggers and more options for after market vacuum muzzles.

But check the price for a Salvimar Predathor Vuoto - as that gun would already have the vacuum muzzle on it.

Also, you will likely need to change the spear if you upgrade an Asso to vac muzzle, so factor that in when you compare prices. The Predathor will come with a proper spear already.

Reactions: Mr. X
Remember, pneumatic guns are quite a bit shorter than bandguns. So, if you have had a look at someones's bandgun in 70cm and think that was a manageable size for you but that you wanted a pneumatic gun instead, then you would end up with a gun that's quite a lot shorter.

Is the Omersub Airbalete worth considering?

The best value could be a Salvimar Predathor Vuoto or a Mares Sten.
The Mares would need a bit of upgrading to be as tricked out as the Predathor which already comes with vacuum muzzle.

There is probably not much of a secondhand market for pneumatics in Aus(?), but in Italy the Airbaletes come up at good prices regularly.

The Sten is a solid design, not much can go wrong, they are built to last and are a little bit more modern that the Asso. Eg. the Sten has a 1.5mm trigger which will be quite a lot softer than the 3mm of the Asso. Also, the piston in the Sten is better in the way that the Asso's is a bit more susceptible to corrosion.
Also, the Asso will come with a galvanized 8mm spear with a screw in tip which you would end up replacing quite soon. The Sten (at least the longer ones) should come with a nice enough SS 7mm single flopper spear.

A colleague recently sent me a Seac Sub instruction sheet for the "Asso". Now this was pretty much the same as the one available on-line as a pdf file, but with one important difference. It has an extra diagram page showing features of a new series of the gun which I attach here. Unfortunately no date on the document, but this must mark the change from metal pistons and shock absorber anvils to plastic versions.
Seac Sub Asso Model changes.jpg

Scubastore are selling a new form of the “Asso” with a different rubber handle as shown below. Top part is much like the “Caccia”, but the lower grip section is different.
Seac Sub Asso Up.jpg

Sea Sub Asso regulator model.jpg

Seac Sub Asso new muzzle.jpg

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT