• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seac-sub ASSO 90cm Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Brian Hamilton

Subsea Sniper
Jun 15, 2003
Hi there spearos,

I have just received a 90cm Seac Sub Asso speargun and, being completely new to spearfishing, am pretty confused by the whole thing.

The manual leaves a lot to be desired, the translation and information contained in it is pretty useless. I have not yet used the gun in water but have figured out pretty much how to set the string and load the gun.

Do any of you know how much shots I could get at full power with the air chamber fully primed (ie 20 bars). Also, when the gun loses power is it simply a case of screwing the pump onto the muzzle and throwing some air in. The manual mentions something about holes in the side of the muzzle but it made no sense.

Have any of you had experience using this gun, please tell me how it all works.

Thanks in advance,

confused spearo

Reactions: donmoore
Brian,
Pneumatic guns (like yours) work on the same principle of compressed air: When you push the shaft in (make sure you keep the shaft straight so that it doesn't bend), the internal piston pushes back, compresses the air and engages at the trigger mech. When you press on the trigger the piston moves forward and pushes the shaft. You should be able to get as many shots as you want when the gun is fully inflated (unless there is an air leak). If you notice that the gun looses power (over the course of the year), you can pump it up a bit.
Caution: do not shoot the gun outside of water, because the piston can blow the muzzle apart (no water resistance). Actually, that's what the holes in the muzzle accomplish: release of the water coming out of the shaft guide. Good luck

Angelos

I have this exact same gun amongst others. It comes pre-presurised!!! to 20 or 25 bar! don't add any more pressure at this stage, it could be very dangerous. You will be able to use it 200/300 times before re-presurising. You add pressure at the grip end of the gun, unscrew the plastic cap at the end of the barrel to reveal the nozzle into which you screw the pump. Its very easy to add presure.

This is good gun, very powerfull and accurate, I like mine very much (I have the asso 70 and 90)

Spare parts are easy to get hold of across the net and are very cheap compared to Mares!!

david dedgell@ntlworld.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT