• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seatec 2010 guns!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
Stand by Harbour Seal and others) :).
The Vatican told me that Seatec is presenting a new line of guns with new handle and new barrels within a week or two!
These news left me astonished as I didn't expect them to make more new guns after the 2009 edition of the Snake/Gabbiano line.
But that's it.
From the little I've heard, the Snake/Gabbiano will continue to be produced, but the Seatec spearguns catalogue will become much wider, with many new models.
Dealers talk about a new gun in the cheap department (with reverse trigger mech, I'm told), and a new gun in the high end segment too (featuring a barrel shape that somehow resembles C4 Mr. Carbon/Omer Cayman HF2 -rear mass - but still covered of the typical Seatec shaped soft polyurethane.
I'm dying from curiosity but the only pics I've found are these ones :inlove:

Attachments

• arbas.jpg
    arbas.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 232
  • arbas2.jpg
    arbas2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 196
  • arbas3.jpg
    arbas3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 199
Spaghetti, the man on the agency !

Looks good, I like the muzzle.

The barrel looks a lot like the HF2, great, that is actually my favority, easy to move up and down and side to side.

Reactions: spaghetti
Nice!! The shape of the smoby wishbone on the closer band looks a lot flater than the ones on my snake? looks more like an articulated wishbone.
Also does anyone know where I can get hold of spare wishbones for a snake in the uk? Tried spearo Dave ................................... usual no reply.

Dave

You might as well be ringing a dinner bell Spago, once I saw the title I came running. ;)

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Nice detective work Spaghetti, you should be a corporate spy!

The shapely feminine curved barrel looks amazing, so sexy! :inlove
They should call this new model "Medusa" --- feminine but deadly. Along with the barrel, the line holder on the top of the muzzle looks different from the stainless steel pin on the top of the Snake muzzle (can't really see the rest of the muzzle).

As a dedicated Snake worshiper it looks like I will need to widen my focus of adoration with another beautiful Seatec gun to consider. I might even hold off on my Snake order, at least until I get a look at the new Seatec line. Actually, I am still trying to work out a suitable merchant to buy a Snake anyways :head.

I can't wait to see what these new models are all about.

Thanks for the exciting news.

Sean
Vancouver, Canada

-----
Tried spearo Dave ................................... usual no reply.

Dave

same here

Last edited:
As always, thanks for the breaking news Spaghetti!!

I don't know how you do it... I have been looking high and low for Seatec spearguns posts on Italian and Spanish forums and did not read a whisper about the new models.

The gun in the photo is very interesting... I will try hard to hold off till these new models comes out... it looks like it would be mighty in 110cm length, with 7mm shaft and double 17.5mm bands :).

Hopefully the new models will spark more interest for these guns here and cause an American company to try harder to represent Seatec in the US.

Cheers,
Claudio

Last edited:
Tecdave yes the flat Smoby wishbones are new feature coming standard with the new gun.

As for all the compliments for being Deeperblue top spy...This is nothing. Give me an Aston Martin and 50 gold Sovereigns, then I'll show you what a real spy can do! ;-)

for your eyes only:

Attachments

• 2.pdf
    80.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Very nice, I wish i could take a better look at the muzzle. Maybe you can make a seatec man of me

I'll keep you informed, Strangelove.
I'm told there will be also a high end new handle with reverse trigger mech, and a 130cm long gun that will come standard with 7mm shaft.

Seatec is a small craft company, notorious for not keeping their website quickly updated (which is ok for me as long as the products are quality) and it's not easy to find pics of the 2010 forthcoming products (and neither of the 2009 products...).

Now IF I had those 50 gold Sovereigns...

I'll keep you informed, Strangelove.
I'm told there will be also a high end new handle with reverse trigger mech, and a 130cm long gun that will come standard with 7mm shaft.

Seatec is a small craft company, notorious for not keeping their website quickly updated (which is ok for me as long as the products are quality) and it's not easy to find pics of the 2010 forthcoming products (and neither of the 2009 products...).

Now IF I had those 50 gold Sovereigns...

130 with reverse trigger, that would be something to consider. Darn too bad I am in Alaska only use the toys three months of the year. Hopefully I will get layoff next year.

Hopefully the new models will spark more interest for these guns here and cause an American company to try harder to represent Seatec in the US.

Cheers,
Claudio

Amen Brother Claudio! Hallelujah!
At the moment, I would even settle for a new UK Seatec dealer.

---
Pardon my ignorance but what is a reverse trigger and why is it good?

Sean

Hi Sean,

Let's hope someone hears us! :)

To answer your question, reverse trigger is a type of trigger design where the trigger component is in front of the sear that holds the shaft.

This type of mechanism seems to be in fashion since it begun showing up on a lot of the higher end custom and carbon guns (I don't know if C4 was the first to popularize it). The main advantage of it is that it gives you a few more centimeters of band stretch than a normal mechanism on a gun of the same length.

The Seatec 2009 handle for example has the more conventional sear-in-front-of-trigger placement (though this mechanism's design is unique in a different way -- i.e. the circular trigger action which by all accounts make this trigger very smooth). Here is an example of an reverse or inverse trigger mechanism:

634.png

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT