• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

seatec roller 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spar

Aug 9, 2012
hi i am new on forum and i know what you think for spaergun seatec roller 100

Attachments

• roller 100.jpg
    roller 100.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 336
Probably the first really 'commercial' roller.

Having looked at a few roller mechanisms, the Seatec one seems very basic and poorly designed - too many friction points.

The Seatec Gabbiano, which the roller is based on is a heavy, slow moving cannon of a gun - adding a roller kit to it will have given it even more drag and made it even slower and cumbersome in the water.

Are you desperate for a roller gun? A double banded gun with a 7mm shaft would do the same job...

Roller guns are difficult to balance & all the ones I have tried are very muzzle heavy.
However I have not tried seatec roller 100.
They are fantastic to fire though, lovely progressive spear release & very little recoil.....
I think you would need a quite high mass gun to get a nice balance?

The Seatec has a LOT of mass so no worries there rofl

The roller mechanism on the Seatec is a mainly plastic construction so it shouldn't weigh too much.

If you're really keen on a roller, I came across these the other day which I thought looked quite nice: Pathos/Roller

This is a good little demo....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwxJEk7gHCU&feature=player_detailpage]110cm Roller Speargun VS Pneumatic Asso 115 with dry barrel Kit.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

i get this gun and first shoot has been dentex of 3,5 kg on range about 4 -4,5 m

Reactions: Broseidon
Hi Guys,

I have just got the seatec roller 100, and am in the process of rigging it. Does anybody know what the pretension should be? also the shooting line it came with is quite thin, does anybody know if the line is thin for any reason?

Thanks

I'm really surprised that it didn't come fully rigged - that sucks.

I'm not 100% on what the elongation factor & tensioning should be but this should at least help you work out the rubber length:

Pesca Sub Blog

I saw a video of a Seatec Geko 90 with an Alemanni Roller kit fitted firing accurately at 5 meters... wow. Once you get it rigged, you should have a beast of a gun!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VqNTF9jZE]test geko 90 roller/alemanni - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for that link, I think I have it set pretty close to the online calculation, but not sure what the elongation factor is, so just left it at 3.0.
Great video! and what a nice shot! I cant wait for the weather to come good so I can test her! will post results.

I've just come across a video of a test between a Seatec Roller 100 and a Seatec Geko 110. Wow. Massive difference.

The video shows the Roller firing really, really low, pretty much from the point of firing, the angle looks all wrong, as if the recoil (or something) is tipping the spear down. The barrel does appear to lift on firing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZepR073cs]Test Seatec Roller 100 e Geko 110 - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting! I would guess it has something to do with the roller bands exerting power right up to the actual spear leaving the barrel where as the conventional band gun stops producing power way before the spear exits the barrel?
An enclosed track & more mass might stop this happening?

I've seen a few videos of Omer Cayman ET's modded with Alemanni roller heads - looks like quite a nice combination.

i have one question, how many cm must be lenght of ruber on roller of 100cm

I get new invert roller gun TRITON 100 by Ante Perica from croatia
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ekfv1Q-ig"]TRITON ROLLER - YouTube[/ame]
shaft 120x8mm,3 pair of ruber 14mm max range to 6m

Attachments

• triton.jpeg
    triton.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Roller guns are difficult to balance & all the ones I have tried are very muzzle heavy.
However I have not tried seatec roller 100.
They are fantastic to fire though, lovely progressive spear release & very little recoil.....
I think you would need a quite high mass gun to get a nice balance?
The roller technology has made ​​great strides, the masses are reduced to a minimum and the precision and performance are exceptional, speak for wooden spearguns, the maximum expression of the roller. There are also roller kit to fit on the trade that give new life to all rifles. Seeing is believing. To learn more www.alemanni-sub.it

i have one question, how many cm must be lenght of ruber on roller of 100cm
the rubber must be cm.100, if you change the original head with kit roller Alemanni you will have a bette gun.

i get this gun and first shoot has been dentex of 3,5 kg on range about 4 -4,5 m
Hello! I have the Seatec roller 110 bit i havent used yet, can you tell me what is your experince with the gun? Is it true that the shaft ipacts low target?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT