• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Second gun finally finished

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

willloomy

May 7, 2008
so after a year of waiting I finally finished my second speargun. It's a 45 inch teak gun. there are three pieces of wood laminated together, It's got a simple teak handle and trigger guard nektonic reef trigger mech and a rob allen Vecta reel. I was trying to make a euro style woody. The total cost was about $135 but i got free wood and haven't bought reel line or a shaft yet so that will add about $100 to the cost. I thought it came out really well. Any ideas for the next gun? Im thinking a longer version of this one maybe with a different wood.

Speargun_4-1.jpg

Speargun_2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a strong practical gun Will, what is the dark mark in the first pic?

Good luck with the shooting & be sure to tell us how it goes.

Well done Will I wish to be good like you to make one for myself. If you want some good tips or design just click on this link Nuova pagina 1
is in italian (sorry) but just click in one of the names or number that you see to have few ideas.:friday

It's a dowel that held the the chair that the wood was from together
Respect! No finer choice of wood that a straight old chair leg. I bet you will need to adjust that handle with time but that's no issue at all. Nice job mate, I bet it will punch some holes in fish

Very nice gun Will!
You should try the Mahagoni next time.
What bands and shaft r u going to use for this one?
Cheers,Menny.

i'm also making my own speargun. kinda primitive one that i just use bolo knife to sculpt it :D
can you post the part of the trigger please.

same here benicio... nothing beats the feeling when you land a fish with homemade gear. i`ll post a picture as soon as i learn how to hehehehe. good day everyone and nice gun willoomy. please post some fish pix thanx

@willoomy i think he means the trigger mechanism. here in the Philippines almost majority of home made speargun uses a sort of lever in place of a trigger. i`ll post (soon) picture of homemade gear fishermen use here. from mask to fins to speargun. :)

@willoomy i think he means the trigger mechanism. here in the Philippines almost majority of home made speargun uses a sort of lever in place of a trigger. i`ll post (soon) picture of homemade gear fishermen use here. from mask to fins to speargun. :)

sounds cool i would like to see that very much
is it like the hawaiian sling style hinge guns or something more like a real spear gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT