• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Seminar and Expo 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sheri

Mar 22, 2006
We are excited to host a Spearfishing Seminar and Expo 2006, to be held at the IGFA (Fishing Hall of Fame) Museum on Thursday, July 20. It's a beautiful facility located in Dania Beach/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Although this is being held two days after Nationals, the target audience is not just Nationals contestants, but anyone interested in spearfishing. It is open to all and proceeds are being donated to a charity, the Boca Raton Society for the Disabled.

The morning will be filled with exciting speakers, including Daryl Wong, Kirk Krack, and Art Pinder. They will cover a wide variety of topics, including equipment rigging, picking the right tools for the job, freediving training and techniques, safety tips for spearfishers, as well as some stories from the past from the legendary slinger -- Art Pinder. You should find it to be uplifting, informative, even funny at times.

The afternoon will be filled with many vendor exhibits from different dive shops and manufacturers. There will be all kinds of dive gear, including freediving and scuba equipment, and covering reef to bluewater hunting needs. A wide variety of speargun brands will be represented, as well as wetsuits, fins, fish artwork, spearfishing magazines, etc. Many items are being donated for the charity, so there will be a big raffle. Come and enjoy!

Space is limited so register early. For more info, visit http://www.longfins.org/seminarexpo.html

Last edited:
I'll be there! I've yet to meet Daryl Wong, and look forward to hearing his presentation.

Kirk Krack really knows his stuff! Those that have taken his Performance Freediving classes are amazed with the most up to date freediving information.

Art Pinder is a very funny guy! His spearfishing stories from as far back as the fifties are classics. He is a two time Nationals champion and he and his brothers won the FL State championship over ten times. If you like spearing in the Bahamas he can teach you a bunch about using a sling!

Congratulations Sheri on putting together such a unique event. This is a golden opportunity at a very reasonable price.

Chad

I wanted to spend hours just looking at the fish on the ceiling of the IGFA museum. http://www.igfa.org/
Adult admission to the Hall of Fame and Museum is $6.00 by itself.

Last edited:
Chad,

Looks like I will get to hook up with you there and finally finish (or really begin) the conversation we started a couple of weeks ago.

See you there,

Jim

Hi Jim,

The seminar is all set and I hope to see you in Ft Lauderdale.

http://www.longfins.org/seminarexpo.html

Aloha, Daryl

----- Original Message -----
To: dmcwong@hawaii.rr.com
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: Notification of Payment Received

Hi Daryl,

I hope to bump into you sometime when you're in Fort Lauderdale. Are you still considering to offer a small seminar when you're here?

Thanks, Jim

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…