• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Server speed?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trux

~~~~~
Dec 9, 2005
Generally, after the move to the new server, I have the subjective feeling that the server is quite a bit faster. Mostly. I mean, normally the pages seem to load pretty quick, but it happens to me rather often that I try loading a page and it stalls for a minute before it loads (or fails to load completely). I noticed it most frequently when submitting a post or trying to edit an older one.

I do not exclude it is something on my part (though other sites load normally in the same time it happens with DB), but am posting about it here, to see if anyone else experiences such stalled pages too. In the last days I experience it several times during the day, but as I wrote, mostly the pages load just fine.

DB wouldnt load at all last night for me..
I tried through my favourites and also through google and failed everytime :(
I will say that i have noticed it faster in the big picture, But i have had the occasional stall like yourself trux.

Yup, me too. It happens more often when I submit a new post I think. Only happened since the migration to the new server

Yup - i'm aware of slight performance issues. I am constantly monitoring the situation and am working on getting caches in place on the new server to stop any slowdowns.

The other thing to bear in mind is that traffic is ramping up on the server generally (we saw a 50% increase in pageviews in April) means that performance tuning needs to go on all the time.

It's a bit of a black art but i'm working on it.

Thanks!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT