• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Set a national record!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cebaztian

Oct 3, 2003
We are a group of people planing to join up in Dahab (Egypt) to make a few national record attempts.

This will be done end of november - beginning december.

We are looking for other atltes who would like to join us for the same purpose and to share costs.
We are also looking for judges for this event.

We are talking about clear blue water down to 90 meters. Ropes and antiballast will be in place.

Some stories from our last record week can be read here:
http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?threadid=49695&highlight=swedish+dahab

Records from 60-84 meters were set.

If you want to see Quicktime movie from a film that was made of the event, check here:
http://www.fridykning.org/mov/dahabrecordslow.mov

Our host for this event will be Lotta Ericson

regards
Sebastian
sebastian @ webvideo.nu

Attachments

• bewanup.jpg
    bewanup.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 588
Bill Strömberg has also mentioned the possibilty of a judges course in Dahab during the same period.
Cost; about 150 euro.

four athletes

Erez Beatus is joining the record week.
www.freediving.co.il

Erez did a unassisted world record dive to 46 meters in the early days of the unassisted diving.

Now he wants to add some meters to that.

Hi Sebastian, when will it be exactly have you set the exact dates?

Hi Sebastian. Can you please give us exact dates for:
- the entire period you guys will be in Dahab;
- the "record week".
Cheers.

Well. Seems like the plattform will be set in the Bluehole from around:

21 november - 5 december.

Exact dates as we come closer.

Different people will have different record weeks. Shallower attempts can be done without the plattform.

It's kinda closer. :)
Any news on the dates?
Or atleast at what dates people will be around for some fundiving? :)
Have freinds who are interested, I think I'll have to skip it though.

the dates are roughly Nov21st to Dec5th. i'm arriving on Nov28th. i think most of the record attempts will be between Nov28th and Dec5th. some people are arriving early for a judging course and some training. i'm only going for 7 days so i'm just going to "throw myself in at the deep end". :)

this time i'm bringing some Ciproxin with me.... Dahab, do your worst.... :D

Hello every one! I shall be traveling to Dahab with former WR holder EREZ BEATUS today for his attempt to break his current national record! I shall be his safety diver!
I'm taking with me a digital camera with an underwater case and I shall update you on the upcoming events!

The record breaking attempts will be beween the 28th of november to the 4 of december! (THats what erez told me!)

wish us luck! :wave

Said
:)

Thats a picture of Erez!

Attachments

• erez2.jpg
    erez2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Can anyone summarize the anticipate national records that will be attempt in the next coming weeks?

Just curious...

All the best to everyone and be safe!

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

most of the record attempts will be Swedish national records. i'm going to do some constant weight out there. it's going to be a major shock to the system! i'm going from 8C water and 7mm wetsuits to 25C water and 3mm wetsuits. i'm only going for a week so i'll have just 2 training dives and maybe 3 record attempts. the hardest thing will be having to adapt to the new conditions very quickly.

good luck Alun! and watch what you eat!!

Deepest Bear, Suzan, Pim and I will be in Dahab 28th Dec - 4th January and I can't wait! oh the joy of not needing gloves (but I might still take the 7ml, I am a complete wuss!)

Sam
x

Unfortunetly I won't be able to join. :(
Good luck to all of you down there:friday!

Hello everyone!

how are you!

The weather is great here although a bit windy! water temperature is 25c!

Today we put up the sled and tomorrow the training on the sled will start!

currently people are planning to break Swedish, Israeli and Russian records!

The swedish team did a very nice job in making the pontoon and organising the equipment!

bye

hello everyone!

Today I trained on the sled :) it was a lot of fun! I trained on 35m!

The competition starts tomorrow!

I will also be photographing the competition and i shall post the pictures!

wish the competitors luck!

bye :thankyou

Hello everyone!

Lotta Ericsson broked the European record for free immersion freediving!!!!
she dived to 66m!!!
Natalia the russian freediver dived free immersion to 65m!

Bill and Cebastian from Sweden both did free immersion to 68m!!!! Thats another record!!!

Tomorrow Erez Beatus will go for a record attempt in free immersion!!
wish us luck!

I have beautiful pictures taken and I will post them on friday!!

Competions results!

The event was opened as an International competition and not as a national records event due to some problems! The event is under AIDA International but sponsored by FDI-freediving Israel and organised by AIDA sweden!

29/12 Competition-Free Immersion

Lotta Ericsson 66m -New European record!!!
Bill Strumberg 68m- New Scandinavian and Swedish record!!!
Sebastian Naslund 68m- Disqaulified do to late start!
Jonas Lindquist 38m
Natalia Molchanova 65m- Russian record!!!
Alex Molchanov 66m - Russian record!!!

30/12 Record attempts (not competition)

Alex Molchanov 76m Variable weights - Russian record

Erez Beatus 61m Free Immersion-New Israeli record (erez was aiming for more but had to stop due to equalisation problems!) will attempt again!

1/12 Competition

Bill Strumberg Constant No Fins 50m -New swedish record! Bill is now ranked no.1 in the world based on competitions!!!
Sebastian Naslund CNF 43m- He announced 48m but dived 46m therfore he was penalised and he got only 43points!
Lotta Ericsson CNF 28m- She anounced 43m but did 36m and was penalised!
Natalia Molchanova 43m- Disqualified due to LMC (samba)
Alex Molchanov 65m- Disqaulified due to rope violation!

I shall bring you updates in the upcoming days!

Said :)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT