• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Setup for Wooden Spreargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ubik

Oct 19, 2010
Hello Spearos

I recently bought myself a Spetton Cubera 2 Wooden Speargun. It arrived a few days ago. Im a bit confused now on how to rig this gun. On some Websites is stated the Cubera 2 is shipped with a 7mm Shaft and a 18mm Rubber.On others with a 6,5mm and 18mm Rubbers. My Shaft seems to be 6,5mm. I just measued the Rubber and it seems to be only 16mm..? Can that be right?

I bought the 90 cm Version, which is enough for my inshore Spearing in Holidays in Croatia.
Is there maybe a difference between the Versions. That a 90cm gun comes with a 6,5mm shaft instead of the 7mm?

Should i always rig it with double rubbers? I also wrote an email to spetton.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Jan
137916b12e933befb9aa4974c53aa084.jpg

Last edited:
it is 6.5mm so im assuming that the smaller 90cm version uses 2x16mm rubber and 6.5mm spear. its the scubastorewebsite with the wrong info. spetton didnt answer yet. ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

I have a wooden gun with 92 cm band stretch, measured from the band hole to the last shark fin; this is about the same specs as yours.
For this one I use a 120cm 6.5mil shaft, double wrap (rigged with 1.4mil monofilament with rivets), one band 14.5mil Sigalsub Reactive and one 13mil Primeline stretch at 380%. Shoots perfect in 4.5m.
Load both bands on the last shark fin, use the maximum stretch hole for the thicker band. Make the wishbone for thicker band longer than the other, so they don't stay on top of each other, but rather side by side.
You still didn't told how long is your 6.5mil shaft; this setup will work also for 130cm shaft, but for 140cm is under powered and you should consider another one.

sry. yes shaft is 130 cm.

This is the answer from spetton. Interesting that these wooden guns are made in spain.

Code:
 Thanks for purchasing a Cubera and I’m sorry for taking so long but I was out of town taking few days off.
It has been few years since the last time we imported a Cubera into the US so I’m not sure how are being set at the factory in Spain but if it has a 6.5 mm shaft, I wouldn’t use more than 16 mm bands. Actually, the 16 mm should be more than adequate for a 7 mm shaft.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT