• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

sexual arousing during contractions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gladisse

Jan 19, 2005
Hello. I wrote about this in french since I'm not confident with english. The message was deleted. I think it's not correct to speak other than english here.

Gladisse,

We haven't had a chance to PM you but your email was removed for two reasons:

a) The message was not in English. We encourage our members to converse in English to avoid little "groups" of lanuages to form.
b) The content of your message was not appropiate for this forum. We have a general PG-13 attitude to content and you message was in breach of that.

Many Thanks.

Stephan Whelan said:
Gladisse,
We haven't had a chance to PM you but your email was removed for two reasons:
a) The message was not in English. We encourage our members to converse in English to avoid little "groups" of lanuages to form.
b) The content of your message was not appropiate for this forum. We have a general PG-13 attitude to content and you message was in breach of that.
Many Thanks.

just for my general culture : what does "PG-13" mean ?

I am a bit shocked with your banning the French language... is it mandatory to master English to be a freediver ?

Instead of banning in an authoritarian way messages written in another language than English, wouldn't it be more profitable to "encourage" people to give an appropriate translation ? or gather non English posts in a special file ?

As a Frenchman, I wouldn't mind reading messages not only in French, but also in Spanish, Italian, German, Russian...

Hi Subaquaticus
I dont think Stephan implied at French or any other non English language is not allowed, on the contary, there is quite often an outbreak of other languages. The problem was in the content of the post.
PG 13 means Parental Guide, meaning that anyone over the age of 13 is allowed to join and view this site and as such we should all try to behave in an apropriate manner.
On a more constructive note for Gladisse, could anyone with any "sensible" input pm her, I for one wouldnt want so see her deprived of an answer :)

Gladisse - not sure what the content of your message was but I have never had what you refer to during contractions.
On the other hand I have had a possible religious experience when I saw my first bass underwater :)

No seriuosly - I suspect that from guessing at your post there is a physiological explanation to do with blood flow or probably reduction of oxygen to the brain.

I blacked out in a wet static training excercise and the dreams I had were very surreal but luckily not embarassing (public pool). Only out for a few seconds I guess but it felt like a lifetime. Possibly not relevant but I think that the neurology is related to what I am guessing tht you are refering to.

Sorry I cant write in French bt here is a try:

---------
Gladisse
Non sûr ce qui était la teneur de votre message mais moi n'ont jamais eu à ce que tu te réfères pendant les contractions.
D'autre part j'ai eu une expérience religieuse possible quand j'ai vu mon premier Bars :)

Aucun - l'estimation à votre poteau il y a une explication physiologique à faire avec l'écoulement de sang ou probablement la réduction de l'oxygène au cerveau.

J'ai noirci dehors dans un excercise statique et les rêves que j'ai eus étaient très surréalistes mais heureusement pas 'embarassing' (piscine publique...).Seulement dehors pendant quelques secondes mais elle s'est sentie comme une vie.

Probablement non approprié mais moi penser que la neurologie est liée à ce que je devine le que tu escire à.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: oferdegi
No offence to your French, Portinfer, but your translation was quite funny rofl Did you get that from an automatic translator on the web?

Gladisse, If I can help you with some translation, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reactions: Alison
Although my french is poor at best I definately could get the gist of the statement. Especially w/ certain words being used. A little more explicit than I would of expected. :chatup
But to give a possible explaination. I'm guessing it has something to do w/ deminished blood flow to the brain as stated before. Some people use O2 deprivation to enhance their sexual experience(some go too far and die) :duh . Just a thought as to your "condition".
As to the removal of the thread. Stephan was correct.
1. the content was questionable- very explicit. :ban
2. the threads are written to the whole forum. I know there are many people here that speak many different languages but to keep things open we need to stick with the one that the majority can understand. I did an online translation just to make sure I was reading what I thought I read. I'm sure there are strickly French freediving website as well as Italian and Spainish. On those sites you speak the language of that country. Same here. It's an English website. We welcome everyone from everywhere.
Jay

Gladisse,

I have experienced what you are talking about, but the only place you will find information on that is in yoga textbooks, particularly 'kundalini awakening' textbooks. If you are experiencing some sort of arousal during apnea, it could mean you are very close to a kundalini awakening, which means you must be careful, because an uncontrolled kundalini awakening can cause insanity if not understood....
PM me if you want and we can chat in French.

Boleh aku pakai Bahasa Indonesia? Not likely for a public question...maybe talking to Iyadiver.

Relax and lose the defensiveness. Good thing you're not a Flight Controller or a Pilot :ban We all get along pretty well here and don't take to knee-jerk reaction happily.

I have also experienced sexual arousal during meditation and possibly there's a link to your breath hold contractions too. Be careful as Eric F states. One of my uncle's ended up in an asylum in the 60's from this very thing.
Que pasa bien, amiga!
Erik Y.

Newer mind the langue the thread / question still stands rofl and is interesting.
I’ve never experienced that sort of “happiness” during a static but sometimes shortly after. ;)

Are you sure we're talking about diaphragmatical contractions? :p
Kidding, I didn't have the luxury of reading the post or expirience that occurrence.

Eventhough, I am pretty curious (hey, curiousity is healty!:)) - maybe there's a way to create some PG18 forum/thread in the site? If it's what I think it is, it's very connected to diving rather then explicit issues...

Ofcourse I'm talking out of total ignorance as to how this rating system works.

This used to happen to me all the time - it was often exceedingly embarrassing. I have found that since embarking on a regular training programme the frequency of occurrence has reduced. Now it is the exception rather than the rule. Onset tends to be a prior to contractions and it subsides well before the end of a max (the blood is needed elsewhere...)

Reactions: Alison
It seems a shame that such a potentially interesting thread needs to be hampered. Perhaps one of the french speakers can translate what she had to say and 'tone it down' for those easily offended?

I unfortunately never had that experience (maybe becuase i only recently started experiencing contractions). My static 7:00 PB however was the result of doing statics 10 minutes after a PG21 experience.
Have tried to duplicate those conditiond many times , but not always with similair results. I asume a very specific brain state with extreme mussle relaxation must have been the reason .

Reactions: DeepThought
Since the original message was deleted, I feel a bit lost... Would anybody be so kind as to sum up the gist of the original message I didn't happen to ever read ? if it's not PG13-bashing, of course...

Thanks...

Hi,
'Arousals' have been obeserved at physiotherapy massages just after the session. One physio I know
says that about 25 % people that gets its first massage in life they get one or both of the following reaction:
a) start laughing like hell
b) they get aroused

His intuitive explanation is that these people have never been relaxed like that and the increased
blood-flow makes for this two facts

Just a comment!

Ben Gowland said:
It seems a shame that such a potentially interesting thread needs to be hampered. Perhaps one of the french speakers can translate what she had to say and 'tone it down' for those easily offended?

I should be glad to do it... but I haven't managed to get access to this original message up to now...

The original message can be summarised as follows:

During a breath-hold, she gets sexually aroused. Does this happen to anyone else.

The original message has been moved to an archive area of the forum that only Admins and Mentors can access. The original thread will not be re-instated for the reasons I originally stated.

However we do encourage discussions around this topic, just so long as it doesn't get too graphic. We do have numerous young members on these forums, both registered and lurkers so please bear that in mind when posting.

Well, I think getting "aroused" happens to many of us -me inlcuded, partivularly when I'm in the open sea...Lettiing ourselves sink freely is like getting intimate with the medium surrounding us and abandon ourselves to it...just like it happens (hopefully) when we stay together with a beloved person

Uw-ikarus

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT