• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shaft for pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vent

Mar 6, 2017
Hi there!

After reading a lot of informative and helpful threads in deepblue forum, this is my first time to come up with a question. But first: Hello to everyone!
I am looking for a good shaft for pneumatic spearguns. As I use my pneumatic guns (Salvimar Predathor Vuoto 65, Mares Cyrano 700) for backpacking, i prefer threaded shafts - just because of the shorter length.
The original ones of Mares and Salvimar-guns are made of cheap and soft steel, they bend easily when striking a rock.
I love my Pathos spear made of Sandvik steel, which I use with my rubbergun.
I checked a lot of online shops without finding an appropriate product. Can anyone help?
Thanks for your answers.

Best regards
Vent

Hey Vent,
I'm actually in the same boat you were in 2017 with this question. I was sorry to see no one responded. Did you ever find a good shaft? Or what knowledge could you share that you may have now regarding your question above? Thanks.

JBL used to sell spring stainless steel shafts for pneumatic guns. They are threaded each end for the speartip and butt/tail respectively. An example of this is when the Russian Seabear came out it had a stainless steel shaft, but realising that would not last long the distributors equipped the guns with an extra JBL spring stainless shaft to which you transferred the Seabear butt. Ditto for Mares and Cressi-Sub.
JBL Adapta shafts.jpg

Last edited:
JBL used to sell spring stainless steel shafts for pneumatic guns. They are threaded each end for the speartip and butt/tail respectively. An example of this is when the Russian Seabear came out it had a stainless steel shaft, but realising that would not last long the distributors equipped the guns with an extra JBL spring stainless shaft to which you transferred the Seabear butt. Ditto for Mares and Cressi-Sub.
View attachment 56297
Thanks Pete for this!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT