• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shaft problem

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Coral Sniper

Dreaming of GT's
Oct 10, 2006
Just tried my 110cyrano and like it alot!

But I have a problem with the shaft.

The back part of the shaft that hits the slidering is getting mushroomed from the slidering impact and is not fitting through the muzzle.
I know it should not be like this.
Have you guys had this problem?Do you just grind the mushroomed area down so its back to normal.
Also I have only put 15 bars in the gun and can load it with my hands,so I dont think the shaft is shooting out to fast.

I bought the shaft from spearfishingworld.com

Last edited:
Just tried my 110cyrano and like it alot!

But I have a problem with the shaft.

The back part of the shaft that hits the slidering is getting mushroomed from the slidering impact and is not fitting through the muzzle.
I know it should not be like this.
Have you guys had this problem?Do you just grind the mushroomed area down so its back to normal.
Also I have only put 15 bars in the gun and can load it with my hands,so I dont think the shaft is shooting out to fast.

I bought the shaft from spearfishingworld.com

That is quite odd. However, the sad truth is that the shaft that come with any airgun (regardless of brand; exception: Maorisub) are of very poor quality. For your a Cyrano 110 I would recommend either Devotosub 7mm x 125cm or Seatec 7mm x 120cm tahitian shafts (on the Seatecs you will have to replace the slider though which is too bulky for my taste).

BTW: For an airgun of that size, 15 bars appears to be a tad too little. Pump it put to at least 20 bars or even better 27/28 bars. In view of the 11mm barrel it will still be quite easy to load - albeit you will have to use the plastic loader.

Cheers, ulysses

Reactions: spaghetti
Thanks Ulysses,

I guess I will just grind that area down.

This is the first pnumatic gun I have ever shot and I cant believe how nice it is!
I have shot lots of guns Riffe's Wong's Roballen's Omer Sporasub Sea hornet's Abbiller Jbl's Picasso's Effesub And I have to say this cyrano is so much fun to shoot.
I love the gun

happy you're enjoying the new gun, Coral.
Ulysses is right about the shaft that comes with it. The quality is poor and they're supposed to bend soon or late. But your incident with the tail sounds new to me. I'll add your precedent to my archives lol
Agreed with Ulysses: Devoto and Seatec shafts are the way to go. You can buy Seatec shafts from Dave at spearo.co.uk with no language problems (Dave is very much english), or order online from Italy.

Its all good now,

I changed that mushroomed part on the back of the shaft(that is from spearfishingworld.com) with the cyrano one that came with my gun and it is great now

stoned a 10kg wrass yesterday with it

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT