• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shallow Water Blackout

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cjndiver

Apr 2, 2002
Does excessive hyperventilation before endurance training(in a pool) lead to shallow water blackout? While training lately, my arms, legs, and fingers go numb while surfacing from the bottom of the pool to the point of almost passing out. The pool is only 12ft deep. A local commercial diver training there noticed my symptoms and told me about swb. It seems many divers die while diving only at 10 to 15 feet. Is this a physical problem that can be overcome with training or am I doomed to a landlubbers existance?

<*)((((><

Hyperventilation...increases the risk of blackout and should not be done when training andurance in pool. SWB, is quite a different thing.......
Here is just one thread that deals with that issue..and ther eis much more around here for you to read and learn from..
http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16379

on forums and on articles as well...
and one last thing stop hyperventilating when you do your pool training!!! We don't want to lose any freedivers because of that!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT