• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sharks!!!???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ahinalu

Feb 15, 2002
:eek: I love sharks, what can I say they're cool. I have had oportunity to swim with almost every major shark in Hawaii (mako, tiger, hammerhead, greyreef, white tip reef, galapagos reef, silvertip, and one whale shark). Every single encounter was awesome in one way or another.

We had a dead whale come down the coast a couple of weeks ago with 5 VERY big tigers. The largest was 17ft (as measured when it swam 2ft from our stern). Well, I talked two of my crew to jump in with me, and it reminded my of why I love the ocean. The power and grace is beyond anything I've seen in the ocean (dolphins are fun but no where close) We had the big one sneak up on us and came within 4ft. before we realized it was there! What a rush i'll tell ya! We sat there for almost an hour while the passengers took turns hanging off the stern to see these animals, as they passed by the boat and took enourmous chunks out of the dead whale (it drowned from a fishing net):(

Anyway, this thread might be for naught if no one cares . I have more encounters, but I would love to hear about others. Problems with agressive sharks while spearing, what you did to get out of the situation, etc. Esp. interested in great whites (one of two I still want to see) and oceanic white-tips.

Sharks anyone?

Aloha Chris

pictures of tigers

I hope this works. I've got some pictures of the tigers I saw feeding on the whale (no feeding pics sorry). I was a bit excited and using a disposable u/w camera so the composition isn't great.

Aloha, Chris
shark1.jpg
shark2.jpg

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT