• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

She's a 10...but gimme 5

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

settingsteel

SettingSteel
Supporter
Aug 14, 2007
Don't know if this has been posted before, I'd like to hear your TOP 10 or TOP 5 SPEARFISHING DESTINATIONS that is the places you think are the best to visit for a week, a month or more to shoot fish

Here are some

Florida keys (of course)
Belize Barrier Reef
Exommus Bahamamama
Ascension Island GB
Cook Island and surroundings
The Middle Grounds New'olins
Palapas Ventana, Baja Mexicali
....I'll give you 3 more if you gimme yours

Kona, Hawaii
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Baja, Mexico
Bali, Indonesia
Coral Sea, Aus

Ferrel Islands (sp?), California:blackeye

Mozambique
Shark point, wild coast, South Africa
Bo Ras reef, Cape Verde islands
Leven bank, Zanzibar

Solomon Islands
Great Barrier Reef
French polynesia
Musandam, straight of Hormuz

anywhere with 80ft viz and very dumb fish rofl

Reactions: settingsteel
Thx for the input guys, but have any of you actually speared in hese locations (obviously blaiz you have hawaii) howz 'bout some input?

Cay Sal bank
Bermuda
North Carolina (Don't tell anyone )
INDONESIA

Thx for the input guys, but have any of you actually speared in hese locations (obviously blaiz you have hawaii) howz 'bout some input?

Believe it or not I have only dove on the Big Island once and that was at South Point. Great spot, DEEP, FISHY, CLEAR, but its not really Kona. I would like to do some blue water in Kona.

I have dove in Indo when I was younger. We were on a surf trip in the Mentawais and I did a little diving. Wasnt much for coral at the time. I guess El Nino had wiped it all out. Shot some big trevelly and saw some HUGE Napolean Wrasse ( I was too intimidated to shoot one:blackeye) That being said I hear the diving on and around Bali is really good. Dogtooth tuna, big Uluas, Mackerel. Heard the currents are heavy though.

^^^For some reason Dogtooth and rip current go hand in hand

North Carolina (Don't tell anyone )
I'll keep it a shweecet, but gotta say some of them hogs outa NC are pigs!

bo ras , sal, cape verde, reef at 40m, great blue water hunting, ask the local fisherman to take you out there.
Shark point, wild coast, crystal clear when the wind blows south west for more that a day. shore dive, it's just beautiful underwater with a shit load of fish. (Good luck getting there.)
Leven bank, is 17km north of mozambique, a hard dive due to the hectic currents, make sure you have a knowledgeable captain, Ask for Jerry and Piet or at sensation divers in Nungwi.
Mozambique, everywhere is great, go north of the zambezi river mouth.

Enjoy.

hehe im headed to musandam at the end of september

this is what it should be like
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmir-5RG6Wk]YouTube - Spearfishing the Arabian Waters[/ame]

Thats just not fair!

I love the shot where he shoots into the murk and his gone goes tearing off!

Sweet video and sweeter music, thx for sharing:martial

Thats just not fair!

I love the shot where he shoots into the murk and his gone goes tearing off!

square that! I shot a cuda the other day that ran my gun similiarly, thats always a thrill

Australia's Coral Sea seems like it would be a fun trip :friday

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe im headed to musandam at the end of september

this is what it should be like

ha! i see Humaid made a little speech at the end the guy whose gun sprang out from his hands... was that Nadim?

i have no idea. but i dont think so. i wasnt there on that trip. this would be my first trip with the entire bunch. i mostly spear with ali, and not the older guys.
sadly it looks like the trip might not happen. im still waiting for confirmation

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…