• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Shoe Size Conversion Chart

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

..Sam..

Jan 14, 2007
[FONT=&quot]When buying my Cressi fins I had trouble figuring out what size I was in Euro sizes and then I found this:
chartsizes.jpg

It is a conversion chart for shoe sizes, you can even measure your foot with a ruler and then find the size. Hope it helps.

Cheers, Sam.

[/FONT]

so you measure your foot in centimetres and then go up the column to find ur fin size?

Yep. Used it for my Cressi fins then I got the length of the foot pocket just to make sure.

wow thanks, i was still kinda confused about my foot pocket sizes lol

all my regular sneakers are all marked in US/UK/EUR/CM

I just looked at the tongue of my sneakers to figure it out. =]

but of course, I wear different sizes with different types of shoes.

Some I wear an 11US (which says 45EUR), others I wear 10US (43EUR), the above chart then lists a 43EUR as a 9US... and while I can wear a 43EUR, Ive never been able to fit into a 9US..

Nothing will beat trying them on.

Last edited:
The size conversion chart is interesting but apparently flawed.

I'm aware of three National Standards for swim fins and all of them, among other things, cover sizing:

Russian Standard GOST 22469-77 "Lasty rezinoviye dlya plavaniya (Swimming rubber flippers)"
German Standard 7876: "Schwimmflossen: Maße, Anforderungen und Prüfung (Flippers: dimensions, requirements and testing)"
Malaysian Standard MS 974:2002 "Specification for rubber swimming fins"

All these Standards use the Mondopoint system of sizing, which comes down to foot length in millimetres.

Now the (possible) flaws with your conversion chart...

Mexico's (only?) domestic diving equipment manufacturer sizes its fins in foot length centimetres:

VENTA EQUIPO DE NATACION Y BUCEO. Tel. 56732722,56732597, 56737492 - Aletas

I know that the USA has different sizing systems for men and women, but I wasn't aware that the UK, where I live, had different scales for the two genders. In any case, European size 46 is closer to UK size 11 than 12.

I own pairs of Russian- and Ukrainian-made fins, all of which comply with the Russian Standard GOST 22469-77. All are marked "285-295" only, which accomodates my UK foot size 11 (European 46) and corresponds to the Mondopoint system of foot length in millimetres.

Finally, I have to agree with Floridamike: "Nothing will beat trying them on". This is especially true of Malaysian fins, whose sizes tend to "run small".

True nothing does beat trying them on. But if you can't i dont have anyone that sells Cressi fins in my area. So i used this table and on the Cressi site it has the blade length and foot pcoket length so i chose the fins that the chart said was my size and the foot pocket was the same length as my foot. This is just for people like myself that can't try them on. But always should be the first and the best option. Sorry should have mentioned this earlier.

Cheers, Sam.

Yes, you make a very fair point. I don't have a local Cressi dealer either where I could try on fins before purchase.

The size conversion chart will certainly be fit for purpose if you use it simply as a buying guide for Cressi fins. Problems may arise if you use it for other purposes, such as the purchase of other company's fins. There's an "Official - fin sizing thread" on this forum because there's so much variation in the length and breadth sizing of fins, despite the existence of three national standards on fins covering sizing among other matters. I was also a little puzzled about the way the chart represented the Mexican and Russian / Ukrainian sizing systems as they differed from what I had found online.

Ah it seems to be fins from that area have differnet standards. I think the best use for this would just be for foot pocket length but if you have fat feet (like me) or skinny feet you might need a differnet size other than what the length of your foot says your size is. I know that the cressi foot pocket length given on the site is only incuding room for your feet eg. I have 26cm feet and the fins have a 26.5cm foot pocket which when i wear them you can acctucaly see this. I'm not sure about the Mexican and Russian / Ukrainian sizing. Anyone form there that could check for me. If its wrong ill find a new chart or change it.

Cheers, Sam.

I don't think that table is right. I take UK size 10, US Size 10.5/11 and European size 46. There is no way I could wear 44without amputation. My feet measure 10.5", which is supposed to be even smaller, Euro 43/UK 8.5! (On a standard UK measurer they normally measure UK 9.5, wide fit, but I can't wear 9.5, too small).

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT