• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

shore diving dubai

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DivermanDeon

Apr 28, 2016
hi i accidentally posted this in the equipment section. so lets see if i get it right this time....

many times time this has been asked in the past. the posts I can find are all from a few years ago. Hoping someone can shed some light on this subject.

are there any areas around dubai to do some shore diving and spear a fish or two legally?

still willing to swim a km or 2 to reach a spot if i have to.....

shot alot and any suggestions would be appreciated. anyone have an idea of more recent spearfishing regulations? not finding any straightforward answers on google.

I am in the same situation, would like to know how legal would it be. My current location is Abu Dhabi... Have no boat, and really would like to keep my hobby legal.

well from what i understand we just need to be 2km out from the coast. i recon getting kayaks and just go 2 or 5km out and drop a DIY ancor. whats the average depth around dhabi land. i recon it cant be too deep. a fish finder and a gps would be a good idea

Any more details? Are there any clubs? How do people get together to go out fishing? Any organized fishing trips?

Reactions: pgalilea
Hi DivermanDeon

Does not seem like you got any useful replies on your post - perhaps you got som in the PM? My two cents on this is that there seem to be plenty of shore diving on the Fujairah side - especially if you go North of Dibba.

Anyway, I am relocating to Dubai from 1st October and I am very interested in going spearing, if you are willing for some exploratory trips. I was also considering getting a Kayak, as it seem you really have to get quite far away from the shore to get good vis.

Let me know if it has any interest.

Krgds
Morten

It would be great to find buddies to go spearing, I have arrived 5 months ago and still don't understand where i can and under which conditions.

Hi DivermanDeon

Does not seem like you got any useful replies on your post - perhaps you got som in the PM? My two cents on this is that there seem to be plenty of shore diving on the Fujairah side - especially if you go North of Dibba.

Anyway, I am relocating to Dubai from 1st October and I am very interested in going spearing, if you are willing for some exploratory trips. I was also considering getting a Kayak, as it seem you really have to get quite far away from the shore to get good vis.

Krgds
Morten

yeah man. how do you want to make contact? i am keen for some exploring by kayak and so forth.

unfortunately i havent speared away from my usual spot over here, which is kind of illegal in an innocent way. so i havent tried anywhere outside the harbour really.

I know there is charters in Sharjah for like 2000 dirhams to hire the whole boat and up to 6 pax. According to what i understand from authorities they want me to spear in locations that has a lot of boat traffic and i cant see that its clean water at all. Like al maktoum bridge. I could have misunderstood since there is a bit of a language gap.

Fishing licenses can only be organised when its season again and where i used to find a lot of hamour, barracudas, golden trevally and queenfish, they seemed to have gone away during these summer months.

Thus I do not know the spots but if you are keen on exploring.... then lets organize something.

unfortunately i havent speared away from my usual spot over here, which is kind of illegal in an innocent way. so i havent tried anywhere outside the harbour really.

I know there is charters in Sharjah for like 2000 dirhams to hire the whole boat and up to 6 pax. According to what i understand from authorities they want me to spear in locations that has a lot of boat traffic and i cant see that its clean water at all. Like al maktoum bridge. I could have misunderstood since there is a bit of a language gap.

Fishing licenses can only be organised when its season again and where i used to find a lot of hamour, barracudas, golden trevally and queenfish, they seemed to have gone away during these summer months.

Thus I do not know the spots but if you are keen on exploring.... then lets organize something.

That sounds great. I am definetely up for some exploration and I dont mind a bit of light rule breaking..

As I said, ill come down in the end of the month. I dont have a local phone number but my e-mail is mmidtgaardp@gmail.com. You can also find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/morten.pedersen.14661?ref=bookmarks

You can add me or send an e-mail. In any event, Ill get back to you once I have arrived.

Morten

It would be great to find buddies to go spearing, I have arrived 5 months ago and still don't understand where i can and under which conditions.
Hi Pgalila

The more the better. You can see my contact details in the reply to OP.

Morten

That sounds great. I am definetely up for some exploration and I dont mind a bit of light rule breaking..

As I said, ill come down in the end of the month. I dont have a local phone number but my e-mail is mmidtgaardp@gmail.com. You can also find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/morten.pedersen.14661?ref=bookmarks

You can add me or send an e-mail. In any event, Ill get back to you once I have arrived.

Morten
Hi Pgalila

The more the better. You can see my contact details in the reply to OP.

Morten
I just organised a google groups account called SpearingUAE not sure how to invite people without the email. maybe you can request being included?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/spearinguae

Reactions: DivermanDeon
Hello everybody.

I have just moved to RAK and want to spear some food. I hate super markets as they fuel the fishing boats and their ghastly nets.

I started fishing in 2008 in Cyprus and was taught by the don him self George Pavledes. I'm after a buddy to go fishing with or someone to buy a share of a boat from/with/off.

I get the 2km rule and the obvious free dive only. Is their any rules for over the border in Oman?

'Just keep swimming'

Hi DivermanDeon

Krgds
Morten

I am interested.
I moved recently in Dubai and would love to join.
alketasdrosos@gmail.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT