• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

short 70-80cm carbon speargun with small handle.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

denmyos

Jun 14, 2014
I'm looking for at new winter speargun.
The problem is that i apparently have small hands, when i have a 5mm glove on i can't reach the trigger.
I just bought a Epsealon stinger where the handle is ok, but in the water its nose heavy and slides out of my hand.
So i thinking of buying a new short carbon speargun.
I have been looking at the http://www.bluegreen.gr/index.php/en/products/carbon-spearguns/falcon-open-3
Anybody has anything good to say about this gun? Does it have a small handle.?

I'm open for suggestions on other short carbon guns with smalls handles. :)
Thanks

The Pathos guns with the D’Angelo 1 handle are pretty slim. They have all kinds of carbon in the sortiment:
- Pathos Sargos carbon: 60, 75, 82cm
- Pathos Laser carbon (comp) 60, 75, 82cm
- Pathos Laser Open carbon (comp) 60, 75, 82cm
- Pathos Laser Carbon Roller 55, 65, 75, 82cm

Dunno which of them that come with the D’Angelo 1 handle out of the box, but they are like 30€ so not a biggie to change if you’d wish.

http://www.pathossub.com/Catalogo-Pathos-2016.pdf

I already tried the pathos and sold it again.
The handle was to big for my hands.
And the line release was way to small with 5mm gloves on. But that's another matter.

Sounds like you should get the gun you like and make a custom handle.

...or just simply ask Donald Trump which gun fits snug into his little hands? ;):whistle:

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch Trump speargun, even if I got paid for it.

I was just hoping that some had tried the blue green falcon, and could give me a review.

Hey.you can try the c4grafite 83cm.have the handle ajustable.is a amaizing speargun.

Omer XXV 75cm - if you can still get it - it has the slim Omer T10 handle. You don't need the Gold version; the regular version has no rail or reel or spare rubber loop but it has all the other cool features (carbon barrel, multi-option muzzle, etc.) and is cheaper, simpler and (even) lighter. I have 2 Omer XXVs, 75cm & 90cm, love 'em but I reckon the 75 and 82cm lengths are probably optimal -- for longer spearguns a more substantial ergo handle would likely help.

But I think the Cressi Commanche handle might be even small around, certainly near the top. It is aluminium but quite light in 75cm size. Cressi probably have another model with Carbon barrel, if it is important to you.

Picasso Cobra Carbon then buy a Spetton rail guide cut it to size stick it on and its a carbon rail gun
The line release is on the right hand side of the gun so easily accessible with 5mm gloves on and you can upgrade the stainless spear to a round notched spring steel spear for a better quality spear and to be able to use a Dyneema wishbone with it for a quieter hunt.
Glue a section of rubber bicycle inner tube on the handle to provide better grip as for what ever reason many spearguns do not come with a rubber grip so it means having to grip the plastic handle with 5mm gloves on so tight that you get fatigue.
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/picasso-cobra-carbon/602696/p
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/spetton-adhesive-integral-guide/594377/p
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-di...g-steel-round-notch-fin-spear-6.5-mm/602706/p

I ended up buying a Blue Green 70cm falcon.
Which i'm very happy with. :)

Hi denmyos.
Could you tell us a bit more about this gun please?
How do you like the trigger? Can you swap the line release to the other side?
I am particularly interested in the overall length including and excluding spear. Can’t find that on their website. How much is the spear overhang?

What is the band stretch?

How do you like the overall build quality and finish of this gun?

I am in the market for a new 70cm gun and the green bleu falcon is a candidate.
I would appreciate your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re. Picasso. I bought a Picasso screw-on dyneema wishbone some years ago and was surprised to find that it had different threads to my 18mm Omer screw-in rubbers of the time :(. Not a big problem but something to be aware of. I was able to work around that problem (by disassembling the Omer French articulated wishbone and using parts from that) and, happily, I am now back to using bulk rubber loops instead (cheaper, simpler, more powerful), with RA push-in dyneema wishbones.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT