• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SIgalsub Nemesis speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

denmyos

Jun 14, 2014
I'm looking at the Sigalsub Nemesis 92 from scubastore.

Does anyone have this gun and ca ntell me pro's and con's about it?
Since i'm gonna use it with 5mm gloves, im thinking about replacing the handle with a polymoph one.
Can that be done?

Reactions: Mr. X
I'm looking at the Sigalsub Nemesis 92 from scubastore.

Does anyone have this gun and ca ntell me pro's and con's about it?
Since i'm gonna use it with 5mm gloves, im thinking about replacing the handle with a polymoph one.
Can that be done?

I have seen these guns up close but haven’t used them. They seem decent and well made and I have heard good things about them.

I don’t see a reason why you have to go true the effort of replacing the handle. 5mm gloves shouldn’t be a problem unless you are a giant.
Actually there is a plastic add on piece of different sizes on the trigger with which you can tune it to your liking.

If anything would worry me it’s buying from scubastore with their poor service.

Reactions: Mr. X and denmyos
I have always bought my stuff through scubastore never had a problem.

Where would suggest I bought it from.?

I have always bought my stuff through scubastore never had a problem.

Where would suggest I bought it from.?

I have better experiences with Nootica.fr just checked there website and they seem to carry them at a nice price.

Let us know how you like it if you decide to get one.

Reactions: Mr. X and denmyos
Yes i have been looking there too, just didn't know how the website was. According to trustpilot it seems ok.
And it seems cheaper that scubastore. :)

Reactions: Kodama
Pro
good shaft, good bands, reinforced circular barrel
Con
negative buoyancy (I never tested this particular gun in the water, but I'm ready to bet that it will sink)

As for scubastore, no problems except delivery time, which can extend to 3 weeks in some cases.

Reactions: SubSub and denmyos
Pro
good shaft, good bands, reinforced circular barrel
Con
negative buoyancy (I never tested this particular gun in the water, but I'm ready to bet that it will sink)

As for scubastore, no problems except delivery time, which can extend to 3 weeks in some cases.

Why is it that you think it will sink? Similar guns usually float without the shaft. What is different about the Nemesis that makes it negative?

Reactions: mariusshobo
None of the spearguns I've used float well, at best they are neutrally buoyant. This one additionally has a second band, wishbone, reel and reel line. So I think Marius may be right but that's not really a reflection on the particular brand or model, it's pretty normal, or common.

For what it's worth, I like the use of bulk rubber, dyneema wishbones, sharkfins, and reverse trigger mec, loading pad and inclined handle. What warranty does it come with? Spare parts availability?

Diveinn/Scubastore are OK, I have bought a lot of stuff from them. The Sigalsub gun looks nice, but guns some guys love don't suit everybody, you need to check one out for yourself as hands are different and so are body proportions, etc. My buddy could not get the hang of my gun and could not hit a barn door with it, whereas in his words I was absolutely deadly. I was not much good with his gun for that matter, you get dialled in on your own gun.

Reactions: Mr. X
My friend has a Salvimar METAL ROLLER.
He was very unhappy when he held it in a 5mm glove
Salvimar is very similar to Sigalsub Nemesis 92
I think that you will also be unhappy with his handle.
There may not be a comfortable grip for everyone.
My Airbalete cannot be held when wearing a glove.
I just did it on my hand using sealant.
It is easy to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_164454.jpg
    IMG_20190926_164454.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 457
Why is it that you think it will sink? Similar guns usually float without the shaft. What is different about the Nemesis that makes it negative?
You re right, I am wrong. I was thinking at aluminium barrel, even if denmyos make it clear that it is carbon.

Reactions: Kodama
I have the Nemesis so i may chime in to help others in future,
*Numbers indicate band stretch ie Nemesis 104 has 104cm band stretch, 95cm barrel.
*Paint flakes off very easy, im not sure if there is a clear anodization under the paint but visible aluminium remains shiny so there is some coating.
*Handle is not ergonomic but comfortable and hand filling.
*Nemesis 104 without the shaft , 2 *14.5 rubbers and reel floats even in low salinity sea.
*Supplied config (2x14.5 reactive evo, 135cm 6.5mm spear ) is overpowered for me(Small fish) , even though range is great recoil makes me miss . Also i bent the spear by taking close shots to rocks.
*Gun is slightly nose heavy already so for people wanting to use heavier spears(6,75/7 mm or just longer ones) may want to keep that in mind.
*Trigger is not smooth as my Meandros b28

Reactions: denmyos
I have the Nemesis so i may chime in to help others in future,
*Numbers indicate band stretch ie Nemesis 104 has 104cm band stretch, 95cm barrel.
*Paint flakes off very easy, im not sure if there is a clear anodization under the paint but visible aluminium remains shiny so there is some coating.
*Handle is not ergonomic but comfortable and hand filling.
*Nemesis 104 without the shaft , 2 *14.5 rubbers and reel floats even in low salinity sea.
*Supplied config (2x14.5 reactive evo, 135cm 6.5mm spear ) is overpowered for me(Small fish) , even though range is great recoil makes me miss . Also i bent the spear by taking close shots to rocks.
*Gun is slightly nose heavy already so for people wanting to use heavier spears(6,75/7 mm or just longer ones) may want to keep that in mind.
*Trigger is not smooth as my Meandros b28
Nice info!
Can you make a similar quick "review" of your Meandros b28, im very intrested in that gun (the leaderhandle in particular), mostly naked, but if they come with good rubber/shaft its nice to know.

Nice info!
Can you make a similar quick "review" of your Meandros b28, im very intrested in that gun (the leaderhandle in particular), mostly naked, but if they come with good rubber/shaft its nice to know.
Sure snask, i will open a new thread. Finding "reviews" of spearfishing gear is awfully rare, weird in a time where almost everything gets a review so we all should do our part :D

Some additional points about the Nemesis just came to my mind,

*Double rubber head can fit probably max 17,5mm rubbers and its a stretch.
*Reel mount is just a flat piece plastic(Glass fiber reinforced) seperate from tube so you can mount reels made for wood guns(flat base plate) without drilling the tube or adapters. Supplied reel is adequate for small fish imo. Reel line guide has sharp edges so smooth them with sandpaper.
*Line release is that weird system where line release push's a lever up in the spear track, when the spear leaves the barrel line release arms drops. While this system is completely separate from trigger, high tension on line release push the spear up, which may cause inaccuracy issues(Maybe?)
*Loading the gun is comfortable despite not having rubber loading pad as there are no sharp points also handle and loading pad touches the chest together so distributes the pressure.

Sure snask, i will open a new thread. Finding "reviews" of spearfishing gear is awfully rare, weird in a time where almost everything gets a review so we all should do our part :D

Some additional points about the Nemesis just came to my mind,

*Double rubber head can fit probably max 17,5mm rubbers and its a stretch.
*Reel mount is just a flat piece plastic(Glass fiber reinforced) seperate from tube so you can mount reels made for wood guns(flat base plate) without drilling the tube or adapters. Supplied reel is adequate for small fish imo. Reel line guide has sharp edges so smooth them with sandpaper.
*Line release is that weird system where line release push's a lever up in the spear track, when the spear leaves the barrel line release arms drops. While this system is completely separate from trigger, high tension on line release push the spear up, which may cause inaccuracy issues(Maybe?)
*Loading the gun is comfortable despite not having rubber loading pad as there are no sharp points also handle and loading pad touches the chest together so distributes the pressure.
That's a great idea I can't wait to read it, most "articles" or "reviews" you find online is stating the specs, but they seem to be just positive to every gun in theory and not any info from real life testing.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT