• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

single use waterproof cameras

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vectra

Jul 21, 2003
I want a cheap single use waterproof camera to have on my buoy when im diving so I can take a picture if I see a nice motff.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

=)
pål

Ive used a few of different makes and they have all been much the same, just go for the one that takes your fancy. Either that or use an aquapac case with an ordinary disposable camera, Ive done that too, worked OK but got an Sea and Sea now so use the aquapac for my phone :)

Kodak makes one like that pictured that is rated down to 50 ft. I've used them and no leaks so far. Lots of funl

Connor

testing

I used the camera for 4 hours on saturday...strapped it to my buoy while i was hunting....The weather was overcast,,,so Im curiousabout how the pix turns out, The film is ISO800, so it should be ok hopefully :-D

Pål

I found one at a West Marine store that had the diving window view thing on it. I always found it difficult to aim the normal underwater disposable cameras underwater. I can’t tell you how good of pictures it took, because I left it in the boat for 3 months with a few untaken pictures on it. When I went to take the remaining pictures the plastic housing broke and water invaded the inside. I don’t think the housing would have broke if I had taken better care of it. :duh
don

I have taken the Fuji cameras (rate for 6 meters) down to almost 30 meters w/o killing them. I think that the trigger mechanism on some disposable UW cameras sometimes fails at those depths, though.

The three things that I like about the Fuji over the Kodak are:

(1) The trigger mechanism is a lever (if memory serves) and seemed less susceptible to being inadvertently triggered, locked etc. by external pressure -- something to consider when taking the camera beyond the rated depth.

(2) The Fuji film seems to capture blues and greens "better". Not necesarily more accurate, just more pleasing aesthetically. Outdoor shots in general, and underwater shots in particular, seem to turn out better w/ Fuji paper.

(3) They are generally cheaper ;).

Love that UK speak

Was doing a little Googling on underwater disposable cameras and ran across the following:

... can even get amphibious disposable cameras from chemists ...

Now that's just too quaint.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT