• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

site to watch out for

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

giericd

May 11, 2011
hey guys, I'm in the process of trying to order a Omer Hf or Omer HF2 110cm gun. after about a month of trying to decide on what gun I wanted and searching for the best price I found a winner. Scubastore.com listed a Omer Cayman HF 3D camo 110cm gun for 170.30 US$ I was stoked! this is the exact gun I want and that is an awesome price. I tried to order it but after looking at the page for a good 5 min i couldn't find the buy mutton or add to cart button. I went to the frequently asked questions area of the site and it says "once you find the product you want to buy add quantity and add to your basket. I went back and searched again but there is no damn button! Ok may be you need to create an account first right? Wrong you cant! I sent them an e-mail saying that the idea of a web site is to help a company sell more products so why is it so hard to buy from you guys? the e-mail i got back said we cant ship some products to the U.S. Ok that is understandable, but I was logged on to their U.S. site so if i'm on the U.S. site why cant i order it or why post it on the U.S. site if you cant send it here not to mention list a New York phone number on the top of the page or having the price in U.S dollars! They need to get their sh!t together! probably just as well I would rather order it from another company that wants to and can do business even if they are more expensive than a jacked up company like Scuba store! sorry for venting but had to get that off my chest!!!

Hi man, sorry to hear things aren't working out. I know the feeling when you think you found a good deal but then the sh!t happens. I do have to say that scubastore.com works fine for me. I order all my stuff there. They have great equipment and prices. Takes only 3 (sometimes even 2) days to get it at my doorstep. Probably because I live just 2 countries away from where the packages are shipped, Spain.
I remeber when I ordered my first pair of fins. It was on a US site and it took me 6 months to get them! Guess what, I already gave up hope on them in the and ordered new ones on scubastore, which I got 3 days later. Imagine my surprise when all of the sudden i got 2 pairs of fins. Lucky they were not the same.

All I can say is good luck with your search.

I have had only great experiences with scubastore.com.

I live 5 countries away. And got my stuff after also only 3 days, impressive. One time I had ordered a sphera mask in black. They didnt have that color in stock and called me too ask if I wanted a different color or just cancel. Really good service in my opinion.

But sorry to hear about you story. It should be easy to sort their available goods from country to country. So that only available items would show up after choosing wich country you are from.

On a side note. I always thought the US had like all the spearguns you would ever want. Now thats my problem I used to always drool over american guns but no one would ship to europe :-( Now I can get 2 different Riffe models from a webshop here but a simple outfitted Riffe Metal Tech cost 715 US dollars. And 630$ for a Riffe Euro-x.

Sorry to hear you are having such problems, I have mainly good things to say about Scubastore, like the other guys I have received my goods within two days of ordering and I can track it all the way. They also called me to price match a product that I had found cheaper on another european website. The only little quibble I have is that sometimes the wait on stock can be a little long but as already mentioned they call you and offer you an alternative or a refund.

I read on another website that Omer and Sporasub (same company now) do not allow their european distributors ship their products outside of europe. Omer are price fixing the market and are often cheaper to buy here in europe than the states. Its not unique to Omer and many US companies do the same to european customers. I've often been able to add to a cart and go all the way up as far as putting in my delivery address and then being told they wont ship outside the US. Amazon are notorious for this and certain sellers on ebay. I guess these companies don't care about the negative PR this generates with customers who think in terms of a global marketplace.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT