• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

R_kindley27

Jul 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

My name is Ryan, 23. I'm work as a Confined Space Rescue Supervisor and EMT in the oil and gas industry. In my spare time I am a B licensed sport Skydiver and recently received my open water diver. I found that freediving is super exciting in a different way than skydiving and have started accumulating my gear and diving alone. (Not advised I know...) Would kill to be able to meet up with someone/group on a weekend and do some diving/spearfishing. Unfortunately none of my friends are into skydiving or the ocean at the moment. Hope to see you guys out there. Blueskies/Blue water
IMG_20160122_193820.jpg

Hi Ryan, welcome to Deeperblue. Have you looked into a freediving class? That is the single best way to improve on safety and technique.

Where do you usually dive? I know Bako is a desolate place, with few opportunities nearby. Former Fresno area person here.

Yes ive looked into it, and really would like to. But I do not have all of my gear yet. Most classes expect you to show up with all of your own gear. Btw, dont shop on Hurleyoutletstore.com its a scam I learned the hard way lol. I usually rent gear down. And dive in Pismo(freezing)/Huntington/Newport. And recently in catalina (amazing). Ya, not many oceans in the Central Valley lol.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I know the feeling. It's tough to be a diver in a landlocked area, but somehow we manage. Thanks for the recommendation. I hope they didn't scam you too badly.

Reactions: R_kindley27
Hi Ryan,

My name's Nick. I am new to freediving but absolutely loving it. I am looking for a dive buddy for anywhere from Long Beach to Santa Barbara. I could also do the occasional Catalina Trip. Let me know if you're still looking for someone to dive with.

Reactions: R_kindley27
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT