• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

smooth skin camo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
Does anyone know how to apply camo paint to smooth skin suits and have it stick and hold up? I know picasso makes a camo smooth skin but I lost my catalog and picasso america doesn't have anything on the website!

and do you know if the DB sponsor SUBPROF will send stuff to the states? I want to get the picasso smooth skin suit they have for a great price. I would get it through Picasso america but Gez that guys is pricing the suit at some crazy high prices!!!

you can get a smooth skin camo pattern suit from Elios. Great customer service, tailor-made and tons of selections (almost too many). Eliossub

Eliosub has this cool new 3mm green smoothskin painted camo neoprene. The thing is, it only comes in high density and I'm not sure if it comes in 5mm. The stuff looks great and would be fine for kelp divers. I'm tempted to try it. Anybody know what are the advantages or drawbacks to HD vs. LD? Is it stronger, heavier, less flexible, etc.?

Hawaii Skin Diver had an article a while back on wetsuit painting. I'll try to dig it up.

Yeah read those threads to but I don't think textile paint will stick to smooth skin wetsuits though. Well it probly would but I don't think for very long.

I know Picasso makes the suit that I really want but PicassoAmerica will only butt rape me with His seriously over inflated prices! anyone know some shop outside of the use that has Picassos smooth skin camu that will send it to the states

Bladerunner,

Try http://www.scubastore.com if you don't want to get raped for dive gear. They sell 3mm, 2 piece/hooded/open cell Picasso suits for $139.

My vote goes out for Elios suits though. You can get custom suits made and shipped to your door for around $200. For my suits I go with low-density Hewia neoprene. My latest was a 2 mm for Hawaii. I highly recommend the open-cell gold coated option.

Scott

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT