• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sneak Peak at new DeeperBlue.com App

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
We've been developing a new Mobile App to compliment the Tapatalk app for the forums. We're launching the new app officially in the next few weeks but wanted you as forum members to be the first to check it out.

The new app is designed to give you an easy and slick experience in reading the editorial news and features on DeeperBlue.com on your favourite iOS or Android mobile devices.

Let me know your feedback.

You can download the app from the following App Stores:
Or search for "DeeperBlue" in your App Store.

unnamed.png

screen480x480.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

Not at the moment jks. We are concentrating on the main platforms first.

Looks pretty user-friendly. I usually browse DB on my computer, but I'd be use the app on my tablet.

I could be mistaken but I think the normal website worked ok on my Android tablet but its been a while since I've used it (no broadband on vacation this year :( ). I probably used Firefox for Android.

Both the forums and the editorial side work on what is known as a responsive design (I.e works well on mobile, tablet or desktop). However there is good reason to have a native app - it allows offline reading as well as push notifications. This allows readers to consume content natively on their devices without needing a live Internet connection.

At the moment we use tapatalk for the forums and a DB app on the editorial side. Am looking into how we can merge both apps into one or keep them seperate.

Hi Stephan,
I'm wondering if this app could have stream images from the DB instagram account, deeperbluegram (If I'm not mistaken?) without having to go specifically to instagram. There are a lot of freediving and spearo pics on instagram and it would be nice to have a active DB presence there.

Hi Stephan,
I'm wondering if this app could have stream images from the DB instagram account, deeperbluegram (If I'm not mistaken?) without having to go specifically to instagram. There are a lot of freediving and spearo pics on instagram and it would be nice to have a active DB presence there.
Adrian - great to hear from you buddy.

The instagram account is new (along with our new Pinterest account as well) and i'm formulating strategy on how best to use them. I'll take the suggestion to the app developer and see what I can get built into the app.

Well, I downloaded the app and am enjoying as it makes it very easy to have DB very much at hand!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT