• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sniper style pneumatic shoulder gun from Russia (by ECK)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Here is a forward latching pneumatic speargun by member ECK from Russia. With two grip handles and a shoulder stock the gun can be shot like a shoulder gun, hence the impressive looking layout.

https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/im-from-russia.107405/#post-962312

rpp2-esk_A.jpg

rpp2-esk_B.jpg

I have seen this gun on the Russian websites and I thought that I had responded to this above post, but it looks like I was somehow interrupted at the time and then forgot. This impressive looking gun is a forward latching gun as can be seen by the rod under the barrel running up to the muzzle and the fore grip handle has a guiding tunnel for the rod to pass through. The gun has a big air tank to lower the compression ratio and is for sniper style shooting using two hands and the gun braced against the shoulder. This a good setup for shooting a big heavy shaft as gun recoil is better absorbed and controlled by the large gun body and the diver's grip on it.

Reactions: foxfish
I sent ECK a message to let him know his gun was now on this forum, but nothing from him so far. As over 2 years ago he may have given up on us. Maybe Zahar knows him.

Disappointment is a product of unreasonable waiting! The ESC is quite literate and has great life experience, not to expect, but to know! The forum is informative and this is important! Life is a struggle for survival! Hobbies - time out in this fight!

Better late than never, anyway nothing more can be done about it as we cannot change the past. I was wondering where the rear hand grip came from as it looks like a firearm was the original source and maybe that applies to the other handle and butt type fittings on the speargun.

Under the Soviet Union there were DOSAAF clubs, where divers and underwater gunners were trained! One of the disciplines of underwater shooters was shooting at targets from underwater target guns in the pool! Butt there was important!

Length and weight of the gun? I assume it is a sinker after the shot. Also diameter of the shaft given that it is a forward latching gun.

Here is another forward latching speargun from Russia. Years ago I saw a drawing of this gun with its very distinctive looks, but until now I had never seen an actual gun. Looks like a raygun from an early 1930's sci-fi movie or a radium pistol from Barsoom.
russian pneumatic.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Zahar
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT