• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

solomon islands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

minisnell

Mar 13, 2007
jus woundering if anyone has done a trip to solomon islands, going soon and woundering what the better islands are for spearfishing.

HI, Lovely place. If you are going make sure to visit Corey and Wahlina at Wilderness Lodge on Peava. They ar emarvelous hosts, and Corey is a great and avid spear fisher. they have a webpage: the wilderness lodge - Marovo - Solomon Islands - snorkelling, freediving, skindiving, snorkeling, coral, biodiversity, dropoffs, baitballs, whales
Mind you getting there depends a bit on the chaps at Solomon Airlines, and the condition of both the old dehaviland Twin Otters, as well as the length (and moisture) of the grass on the runway on the island,- if it hasn´t been cut, or it is wet, the plane can´t land. Then You probably have to go via Seghe and pay for boat transport.. What are you specific plans out there?

Having been born and raised in the Solomons and now living in the uk.....damn my parents moving back!!!! I can agree with Macnaughty, its an amazing place!

I'm from the Gizo in the Western Province...again a hairy trip out by small plane and even hairy landing on a smaller runway!!!!!!! The western province has some of the best diving in the world (not that I'm biased at all) and the whole lagoon area is full of reef fish as well as the big pelagic fish so any of the islands are good as a base as its all pretty accessible by boat.

When and where are you going? I've not been back for a couple of years so please give the Islands my love when you see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey sorry about the lat reply havent been on the net in a while,
im not 100% sure where im going to be the whole tim going to travel around a bit but starting in gizo. arrive on the 9th of oct staying for 22 days i should be able to get some good dives in that time haha! also rigging gear i cant take to much stuff as its a 20kg limit of gear and im prety sure ill need more then one shaft, more jinkeye ect if anyone had advice on what and how much gear i should take please tell havent been before and im not to sure what to expect on the diving side thanks.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT