• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Some many fins so little time

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Angus

Apr 2, 2001
I have been reading these fin discussions for over a year now and everytime I read one, especially ones by Erik and a few others, I find myself thinking, "I have got to get those." I remember when I first got my Picasso BT and thought that life was very good. Then I started reading about carbon fins and thought I need more fin power.

What I really need is multiple fin sponsors. So here is the deal: I am willing to sacrifice myself and my time to personally try out all the different types of freediving fins that are available and write up a my unbiased opinion on them. More favorable opinions will be written for those fins that I actually get to keep and the most favorable opinions will be written for those companies that pay me for my very valuable time. It goes without saying that I be most unbiased in my favorable opinions for the most amount of money. In the spirit of generosity I am willing to offer this same service to low volume masks, dive computers, snorkles, guns, wetsuits, floats, and company logos.

Just think what the Angus seal of approval will do for sales in the future. To further increase the value of this seal of approval I vow to never train again so you know that if I get deep it because of the equipment and does not have anything to do with talent or conditioning. Unless of course some company wants to pay me a ridiculous amount of money to do nothing but train and dive with their equipment for the next 15 to 20 years. Then I will train to my maximum and then you will know that their equipment is truly what is allowing me to go deep because I am at my maximum level of conditioning so you know that it must be the equipment.

I will be scientific and make multiple dives with each piece of equipment. These dives will occur in the most beautiful dive locations around the world to help produce stunning photographes of my model stand-in so that the company can pedal these pictures to the consumer who will then know that if they use this equipment they too will look like me as represented by the professional model. (Nobody in there right mind would really want to look like me. I am 30 years and the same number of pounds heavier than the model. Not to mention that I am just plain plug ugly which may have something to do with why I starting spending a lot of time underwater as a child.) But I will make the actual dives.

This is a first come first with the big bucks offer so don't wait.

First in line

This is a downright magnanimous offer Angus has made, and I'd like to be the first to take him up on it. Never mind that I don't manufacture or market fins - hell - I have a small warehouse of stuff I bought but no longer use. . . these can now be put to good use.

So send me your address Angus, and I'll send you my neon-yellow Pro Model Force Fins to start, and will sponsor you at $0.13 per foot on your deepest dive using them. If we ever hear from you again, we'll discuss the photographer, stand-in, etc.

Last edited:
heckuvadeal!

WOW!! My karma must be huge to be afforded the chance at an Angus seal of approval for my line of fins- the Deepest Blue, from Flybynight Fabricators...

These fins feature the latest designs using renewed and recycled components- like plywood and household electrical wire. The only new thing on the fin is the duct tape stripe, added for flair only. I've had some limited success with the kids at the rehab center where I graduated from and came up with the design, but if I could get a real grownup to put them on and pimp for me, like I said...WOW!

I sure hope that the box with the fin gets to you there behind the Zion curtain. I was able to get a box that fit that size 5 beauty pretty tight, and used extra duct tape to hold it all together, seeing as how your such an important part of the orginization now. I hope to have the other fin done in about a month, so I'll let you know. Congratulations and welcome aboard!:t

cjborgert

heck i will take those fins and you will never hear about them again what a deal tell me if you will mail them to me (i would be shipping)

oh well

Jealous of my success

See now that I am starting to get some real money for freediving everyone wants in on the deal. I just don't think that the Thin_air seal of approval carries the same weight has the Angus seal of approval. See, its not even in bold print.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT