• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

somebody in GEORGIA !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Veneco I live in Dahlonega north of Atlanta I'm planning on going on a diving and spearing trip and need some training time.

So I'm up for some diving for diving!

Jason where do you dive in Birmingham I didn't know you where even that close to me!

hey BladeRunner I’m like a hour away from u...if u want to get together it'll be great. I practice static’s and dynamic and i just have a month doing it and I can do 4:00min in static’s and 50m and dynamic...i never dive before but a really want to do it...

so if u r interested just send me a message...

Any of you Georgia divers dive the lakes in North Georgia, like lake Rabun, or lake Lanier? Does anyone know if any of those lakes are deep (50-60m)?

All of these freedivers popping up in Ga all of a sudden! This is great. Awesome to hear you are really getting into the sport Vanacosurf.

I'm a student at Georgia Tech. I mostly train the dynamic (115m no fin, 150m with fin), and static (right around 6:30). I stayed away from the open water because of a perforated eardrum which just recently healed. I am up for some open water diving now though (too bad it's starting to cool off). Like you, venecosurf, I have not done much depth diving.

Venecosurf, or any of you Ga freedivers are welcome to come over to Tech and train with me in our beautiful aquatic center, and I would certainly be willing to drive a bit to do some real diving.

Greg

___
Edit:

It's amazing that I can never seem to write the word "drive" without first typing "dive" and then correcting it.

Last edited:
I'm diving this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. venecosurf is planning on joining me couple of those days.

Vene call me back Thursday morning. I didn't get the message on my cell untill late and my cell said # unknown. I will give the meeting time and direction to my favorite place to dive when you call. It's Tidwell Park off exit 16 on 19/400 heading north of Atlanta. I'm planning on being there at 10a.m. Saturday!

Last edited:
What a happy thanksgiving it will be for you. 3 days of diving... I'd love to come up and meet you guys, even if I can't dive much (my ear drum just finished healing). I think I still have your number BladeRunner. 678 area code?

Happy thanksgiving,

Greg Leo

Go ahead and come up and dive. I hope you have wetsuit because the waters 68 but it will probly be lower because of the wind! The sign for exit 16 is for Pilgrim mill RD. take a right off the exit and keep going untill the road ends at the park!

I haven't heard from Vene yet about him making it Friday :wave

Last edited:
hey guys!! thats awesome now its three of us...les i just call u and nobody pick up...so i dont know if u going 2moro or not...hey greg that'll be great if u join us.

ps: if u dont call me on time lets do it Saturday

Vene I'm going have to wait untill Saturday early morning or just Sunday. Family emergency came up and need to go to parents house. I can dive early Saturday morning but need to be out of the water by 1 o'clock. I can dive all day Sunday though. Let me know! it's probly better to contact here with a message because I don't always check my phone. Sorry

I've got my mask, snorkel, proplugs, and anti-biotics all ready. I just need to find a nice warm suit. I don't think my 3mm shorty is going to cut it.

I'll be able to come on saturday... not sure about sunday though. Are both of you planning to dive on sunday?

Wow that was cold!

Good to meet you though Les. Hopefully next time I will actually be able to dive without shivering my arms off. Thanks for giving me a chance to come out.

Venecosurf... I barley made it 20 minutes in the water with my 3mm shorty. The air temp was 40 and Les mentioned the water was 61. *Shivers* I would think twice before you go out there without a suit.

You guys are always welcome to the GT pool. Perhaps I can convince them to let us use the diving well for light depth training.

Greg Leo

I’m sorry guys that i couldn’t go i didn’t have a ride...but let me know if u r going 2morro and what time ? and if i don’t get into the water at least meet u guys

Reactions: commonerg
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT