• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sorry Guys... But its IMPORTANT!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

alexanderXP

May 27, 2005
Speargun Serial #'s ?

Sorry for posting this thread, but it is very important to me NOW. And we maybe learn some new methods of making thing look more innocent then they are.

As, my Speargun is in Spain, and I in Germany, I have an important questions for all who have a speargun close to them.

Please answer me...

"Does YOUR Speargun have a serial number, if yes then on which parts, and what does this number represent?"

It is because the German Officials who will get really annoying if they see me importing a "Harpune" in their country. They will definitely say that it a weapon and shit (even if it is legal, still they will find a reason why its not and confiscate it).
So, to prove the opposite, I will take my gun apart before the flight and pack all the parts in different bags, (handgrip-barrel-shaft-reel-muzzle-rubbers). And say that all those parts don’t have anything in common because of their serial, and are nothing more than some piece of plastic, metal tube and “rubber”. Will this work?

Some of you have firearms, and you know that each part of it has a serial which is totally the same (in most countries).

So plz guys… help me! So, my holiday won’t turn into a mess…

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about German regulations but for most of the world, as far as firearms go, only the receiver is considered the "gun". Even the barrel is just a steel tube and the wood is nothing more than a handle. So . . . when declaring guns for import, you put on the form the serial number found on the receiver/action where the bolt and trigger assembly are. If you dissasemble it, you may be in for more trouble than if you leave it whole. Why don't you ask the polizei whether a speargun is considered a weapon or whether it's fishing gear? And if it is a "weapon" ask for an import form with instructions. You should be able to get by just fine as hunters travel the globe with their guns and most places only ask for a hoop jump or two. They don't try to take away the hoop.

Yeah your right...

Maybe they will get even more pissed, and say I tryed to smuggle it.

I have found the law which states that a Speargun is an "exeptional weapon (Thanks god NOT a FIREARM)" and I have to be 18yo and they can consfiscate it if I abuse alcohol or drugs or :crutch!

BUt I am clean from any physical/mental dissorders.lol!

So, thank you for your attention, Sir!

Yep, taking it appart,...then tell them it is fishin gear, if they find out...I have had a look at my own guns, have not seen any serial numbers..
Good luck!!

You should decalre it, it is quite simple really, just a matter of filling in some forms and paying a small fee.

talk to the "Guardia Civil" in Spain.

Johny, where can I do this? at the airport?

But, I think this is NOT requered (to declare it) becasue the purchase of the speargun is free for all(you dont need to provide any documents). Which means the Spainish government shouldnt have any problems with me importing a speargun. ?wrong?

The germans might get a bit annyoing, but I say that its totaly legal (soo they look into the WaffG weapon Law)

Hi Alex,

if you are flying with the gun from Spain to Germany, you have to declare it at Guardia Civil at the airport in Spain. It is no big deal, you just pay 3,50euros, fill in a form, when you get to Germany you have to go to the firearms declaration office and pick it up...( if you are under 18, you'll have to find someone to pick it up for you)...

i have travelled out of Spain with spearguns,...and they will find it.

have fun :)

Thanks man!

I will do this, I will ask the dummbasses at the airport so they check it and come earlier to the airport.

I have now ordered the speargun (omer excalibur 130) and I hove it will come in about couple of days (fedEX urgent shipping, so it shouldnt take long). I checked ALL laws which refer to the topic and a "Speargun" is an..... blah..blah.

But, also when the speargun arrives at my door, I (well, my mother or dad) will emideatly got the the "Bezirksamt" (local law-service or sm) and ask then AGAIN so they maybe give me a note or sm which proves that It a exeptinal weapon and its OK.

(the german cops are BAD belive me!They once "denied" my family the flight to Swiss, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SWISS VISA PRESSET!!you know what i mean.... germany... Swiss nothing incomon? 1933...no one had the right to leave the "Vaterland"...).

Hi Alex,
I know Vivien, a member of this forum who lives in Berlin, often travels from Berlin to Spain with her speargun. She has recently returned from a trip to Mallorca. You can drop her a PM and ask her details about the speargun issue.
:)

alexanderXP said:
Thanks man!

I will do this, I will ask the dummbasses at the airport so they check it and come earlier to the airport.

I have now ordered the speargun (omer excalibur 130) and I hove it will come in about couple of days (fedEX urgent shipping, so it shouldnt take long). I checked ALL laws which refer to the topic and a "Speargun" is an..... blah..blah

Let me guess. you orderd it from Subprof.com?!?

Forget about fedEx. It takes them MUCH longer to actually process the order... I'm still waiting for my dive gear (including a speargun) to being shipped out.
Its pathetic that I had to pay 46€ for express shipping... the time you wait for the order to be shipped makes express shipping very pointless. :head

Yes man...

I ordered things from subprof.com it looked for me as the ONLY good suplier with lots of stuff. Well.... your right but i had no option. I F****** hope that they will bring it in 2 weeks !! If not THANKS GOD I left the Imresion Training 90 out there ....

As your location is in Germany... know some transportation laws?had some experience with the Zoll maybe?

Hi Alexander,

here some short facts:

I´ve seen that you are 15 years old. (this excused your writing style;))
For spearfishing in spain you´ll need a Licence (Licencia de pesca submarina),
for getting this you must be 16 years old, I think!

Having a speargun in Germany is allowed if you are older than 18 years!
HAVING: allowed
USING: prohibited

You can import things from other countries up to maximum of 170 euro (as I know so far)!!! If your stuff was more expensive you have to pay duty for it (Zoll).
-----------------

PS: Do your parents know, what you ´re doing?

vivien, i never had any problems at the airport bought some of my guns in greece and italy.
only on the flight from vienna to crete austrian cops considered my omer excalibur as a weapon and did test it for explosives:rcard

lol, was pretty funny

ps: no one would ask you if have a speargun in germany or austria most of the people wont even no what this is:confused:

Thank you VERY much!

My parents are fully informed of my hobbies. And they don’t have anything against it as long I bring something on the table, and don’t spear just for the sake of it.

I am just worried, as I once had the MOST ignorant problem with the German border-control, and its all because those doom basses don’t know any laws of their country… they think those stars on their shoulders are just for decoration(***:duh ***). They don’t even know the basic human rights laws. And that’s why I thought that there might be a conflict between them and my property (but at least the know that “drugs are bad”).

Special thanks to Vivien!

You can also have a peek in the WaffG:

Anlage 2. Abschnitt 3. Unterabschnitt 1. – SAYS EVERY THING (and it is clear, and not much)!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT