• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Source of miniature "o" rings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Although intended for watches these "O" rings may prove useful and the cost is very low.

Good find but... in practice I have found that even rings with 1.0mm section width start being very fickle to work with. They get nicked and extrude very easily. These days, I feel like 1.5mm is a good size if one wants to go small. That's what I have in many places now such as the major seals on my 3D printed nose cones and bulkheads, my triggers, the Evo Mirage pumping barrel, check valves and the seals on the barrels themselves. I guess the majority of the seals are 1.5mm in that gun.
Perhaps I could go to 1.2mm for certain things but based on my experiences with 1mm rings I am happy to stay with 1.5mm for now.

Also, bigger section widths also means that machining tolerances of the o-ring grooves and bores can be a bit less critical. While I can hold surprisingly tight tolerances, I think having a bit more leeway is a good thing for homemade parts.

That said, I have a dive computer in pieces that I am considering servicing myself - I wouldn't be surprised if the button seals are covered by what's in that box.

Last edited:
Many years ago I needed an "O" ring for the inlet valve on one of my pneumatic guns and I was in a small coastal town where I went to a local bearing service center which was just a shop counter and sold "O" rings as well. That one tiny "O" ring cost me 2 dollars and the gun new had cost me 30 dollars only a year or so before. Now a dollar was worth a lot more back then and ever since I have looked for better deals when they become available. This whole box set is only 8 dollars!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT