• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Coast

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Squiddly

Jul 6, 2007
Hi,

Anyone know of any good bass locations on the south coast between the Solent and Brighton.

Have boat so can travel.

I have moved up from the West Country havent been out in nigh on years and its all a bit alien up round yere !!

Thanks

Bognor is good, huge reef which is swimmable from shore or take boat. Newhaven, off the arms of harbour is good too.

Bognor is good, huge reef which is swimmable from shore or take boat. Newhaven, off the arms of harbour is good too.

Thanks for that.

What size fish?

Also can you give me a bit more detail on the bognor reef.

Cheers

I have caught 5-7lb bass at Newhaven but at Bognor I believe bass of up to 15lb have been taken. There are probably people on here better qualified to explain all of Bognor reef system but when I shore dived it I entered the water with the pier to the left of me and swam out to sea till I picked up the reef and then drifted with the tide. There are guys with good GPS points for some of the better 'holes' in the reef which hold big bass.

All info gratefully received :confused:

Gps in particular would be very helpful.

hey squiddly i live in brighton and spearfish around this area, i have not dived the bognor reef but have also hearded that it is very good. i usually dive the palace pier and the west pier, there is also a wreck just next to the pier which i have a had a few lobsters off this year already. there are lots of bass underneathe the piers though.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT