• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

South Orange County spearfishing & lobster hunting partner(s)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

orangecoastspearo

Dec 8, 2020
Hello Spearos!

It's been a dream to live in south OC, with abundant access to some of the most beautiful coastline in the world. After being mesmerized and in awe of Ryan Myers and Kimi Werner videos on YouTube, I'm eager to ramp up my pole spearfishing and lobster diving game to bring dinner home. I have the gear, but limited on the skills albeit I've caught lobsters at Little Harbor (Catalina) and on Kauai before.

I'd love to build a relationship with buddy group in Laguna Niguel (or one of the towns nearby) to practice dive safety (one-up one down), learn skills/techniques from one another, and share-in on an epic fish story over beers from time to time. If you're an advanced spearo, happy to spot you in exchange for a learning opportunity. I'm hoping someone is willing to pay it forward to the new guy. DM me if you're local and interested in meeting. Thanks for listening and happy holidays!

About me:
-Born in LA (1983)
-Father, Husband, Waterman bloodline
-Advertising executive
-Reside in Laguna Niguel
-Passion for cooking, smoking meat, & crafting sushi/poke
-PADI certified for 9 years for recreation, healthy & athletic

Reactions: Kodama
Your best bet is the OC Spearos and Friends Facebook group. There are multiple daily post asking and answering questions. You have to be cautious since it can amount to the blind leading the blind sometimes but there are also a lot of very experienced divers in the group. Almost every day there are people looking for dive buddies. Presently the monthly club meetings are being held virtually due to Covid but when that changes going to meetings would be a way to meet people. I’m a member of the club just so that my dues can help support their efforts but I never go to meeting. The drive to Fountain Valley is a bit too far for me and when I tried another club in North San Diego I found that most of the kids just didn’t know how to react to someone as old as their grandfathers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT