• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Southcoast Bass

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

KWM

Jan 7, 2006
I had my first bass of the year yesterday. 5kg when weighed on the official scales. Was with about 15 other big bass all nicely tucked in together. Just shows you that if you go far enough out you can find the viz. Was the only fish of the dive and after I shot my one all the rest vanished.

Will try and put up picture but I am having trouble re-sizing.

Kev

Reactions: foxfish
Congrats, looking forward to getting back out in the next couple of weeks, hoping for more bass and fewer mullet this year!

Fantastic fish Kev. Well done.

Managed to sort out your pictures for you. Glad to help.

Old (computer wiz) Man Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
My daughter Ailish was not impressed at all with her dads first catch of the year! Kev

! Shot, Kev

Congrats x 2 Kev. A daughter and a big bass. However....

Been there, seen it, done that, got the T shirt. :)

1 Shot, Was gonna throw my tiddler back but well now she's the mother of my grandson, so maybe not. Especially as its mothers day today.

Old (Grandad) Man Dave

Last edited:
Nice fish. Are you talking about the UK there fella? Going for a dip tomorrow (on strike) and that picture's got me foaming at the mouth!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT