• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Southern Fried Fish

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

QUETZAL

Allen Hendrick
Nov 5, 2004
Mix salt and Black pepper with ground Corn Meal.
Take a moist Fillet and cover with this mixture, pick up with a fork and let excess corn meal fall off, drop in 2-3 inches of hot oil 400 deg F - 450 deg F. Fry till they are the color of Gold.
Tarter Sauce optional.
Very Simple Very Good.

Last edited:
QUETZAL said:
Mix salt and Black pepper with ground Corn Meal.
Very Simple Very Good.

Mmmmmm....Quetzal.....just had a fish feast and did half the skinned fillets with your ground corn, saltnpepper and a few extra 'erbs, "Very Simple Very Good":p
Cheers

Huan said:
Peri Peri?

:p
...that's the stuff!...with a good grind of this.....

Attachments

• Nandos-Hot-periperi.jpeg
    Nandos-Hot-periperi.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Fiddes Payne Ground Lemon and Dill.jpeg
    Fiddes Payne Ground Lemon and Dill.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 330
morisonb said:
Mmmmmm....Quetzal.....just had a fish feast and did half the skinned fillets with your ground corn, saltnpepper and a few extra 'erbs, "Very Simple Very Good":p
Cheers
Glad you liked it. I like complicated recipes also but that is the way I grew up eating fish and I keep going back time and again.

Hi Quetzal,

You could call that recipe "South Carolina fried fish" My family's also from SC and that is the same recipe I use, can't beat simple. It is truly fantastic on fresh grouper.

Connor

cdavis said:
Hi Quetzal,

You could call that recipe "South Carolina fried fish" My family's also from SC and that is the same recipe I use, can't beat simple. It is truly fantastic on fresh grouper.

Connor
Well I'm from Texas.Presently living in SC. But I think they do it the same way all over the South.

i fry my fish in cornmeal as well.. what also makes it nice.. if you want it spicier..(i'm half cuban so spicy is like the way to go for me).. is to marinate it in a hotsauce first.. then without drying it off i coat it in the cornmeal. i generally use frank's red hot sauce because it tastes good along with being spicy, but i'm assuming anything would work.

it doesn't get TREMENDOUSLY super fire hot.. more like buffalo fish. spicy but definitely tolerable..

try it

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT