• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spain gets tough!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Spaniard

Cider tester
Jun 22, 2005
If you are planning a spearing trip to Spain (mainland or islands) be aware that Guardia Civil are now actively pursuing anyone with a speargun and coming down heavily if you don't have all the necessary documentation in order (membership of national organisation, doctors certificate etc. etc.) All this paperwork is a nightmare to sort out being a local let alone if you try and sort it before your trip! The 'cops' are now hauling people out of the sea, confiscating gear and imposing fines - if you want to buy a speargun in Spain you now have to be registered by the seller and if you don't have the paperwork then technically they can't sell you a gun as they can face a hefty fine. I found all this out on my recent trip to Spain and it seems that the powers-that-be are trying to make it very difficult for people to spearfish! Be warned.

I praticaly live in spain let me add just a thing here there lot's of places but I mean a lot where spearfishing is the only kind of fishing forbidden in the area so even if you sunday fishers get some information first, but even thought the Guardia civil will always buzz you here spearfishers scubas are the bad guys not the comon turist who rides boats and jet skis over divers,spearos,kids,turtles, etc :S

Useful warning Spaniard. What a waste of time, money and resources though -- they must have money to burn. Over regulation in action:(.

Still of course there is ways to know where the cops and the ornage man hang arround the is nothing like ask the locals, still the tourist places still have a lot of room for spearfishers mallorca is a total paridise for spearfishing this war is political spanish war with elections and votes on the table (spero bad guy/political partiy good eco guys lol) so if you are like the inland english white as pownder blue/green eyes you can always buy the dignity of cops,government and some pubs, they are only nice to tourist when they represent some bucks:D if you are like the dude on the photo you are doomed even if your wear the irish skirt

Still Canarian and balearic islands are total paridises for spearfishing BUT join internet SPANISH FORUNS of the place that you want to go, spanish are crazy about spearfishing and one of the most large spearo communities in the world they love the kind of outdoors tourist that comes to see the land,the local food and the sea you won't regreat

Of course let's not forget about the portuguese islands azores wich is almost the same price as these options but the stay is damm cheaper, lot's of tuna,barracuda,whales dolphins ,wahoos you name it, stormy weather included

No more hunting an gathering, you must eat their GMO poisons and die on time, just before you were about to enjoy your pension.

And all the big ecology groups are financed by the same old big boys, getting rid of the made redundant population, the useless eaters, is their goal. Before you may live you must proof your usefulness to your master by being a good slave.

And when I look around I see plenty of slaves, people who mentally have capitulated to the position of victim hood they have been born into.

Does anybody know a place with some diving water where people didn't and don't accept slavery?

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Wow, I remember Spain like 25 years ago when my dad used to take us on vacation in Menorca. We still have our apartment on the ocean there but hardly go there anymore. I still remember as a little kid going out with my 3 pronged little speargun and coming back with fish right to the beach. All the tourists would all gather and oogle at the fish. How things have changed! I guess you would probably get shot on sight as soon as you get to the beach nowadays.

And all the big ecology groups are financed by the same old big boys, getting rid of the made redundant population, the useless eaters, is their goal. Before you may live you must proof your usefulness to your master by being a good slave.

And when I look around I see plenty of slaves, people who mentally have capitulated to the position of victim hood they have been born into.
Freedom is such a delicate thing, I think we have lost it in Britain - if ever we had it. Our government let many very dangerous people in and then opted to remove everybody's freedoms to deal with it. With the EU soon to anoint an unelected "Fuhrer", things are about to get worse....how could this happen here in the west, when we preach democracy in the Middle East?

Re. your other point. Assisted suicide has been a topic much in the news here lately. If MRSA and superbugs don't get you, the careless adminstration of medicines likely will.

Last edited:
I will be Spearfishing in eastern Mallorca next week. Does anyone know any Spearfishing shops on that side of the island?

If you are planning a spearing trip to Spain (mainland or islands) be aware that Guardia Civil are now actively pursuing anyone with a speargun and coming down heavily if you don't have all the necessary documentation in order (membership of national organisation, doctors certificate etc. etc.) All this paperwork is a nightmare to sort out being a local let alone if you try and sort it before your trip! The 'cops' are now hauling people out of the sea, confiscating gear and imposing fines - if you want to buy a speargun in Spain you now have to be registered by the seller and if you don't have the paperwork then technically they can't sell you a gun as they can face a hefty fine. I found all this out on my recent trip to Spain and it seems that the powers-that-be are trying to make it very difficult for people to spearfish! Be warned.

thanks for warning. I was about to book a trip to Costa brava, fuck it then:(

Reactions: Kars
Helllo guys do you have any info if the situation has changed in the balearic islands?
I go to mallorca for a week soon and i tried to find a licence formular in english/german but the government website where this can be done is only available in catalan and spanish.
What is the penalty for spearing without?

Ive been in Fuerte Verntura last year and it was a mad trip to get the licence.
The biggest problem was that in the ministries hardly anybody speaks english or german and its very hard to find out how to approach the "problem".
Also ive been given allot of false information there. For example the ministry told me that only a federal hospital can issue the medical examination.
On the question where fishing is prohibited they couldnt even give me an answer.

Later i found out that i can just go to any doctor which i did. Then a little back and forth from the ministry to the bank as the ministry is not allowed to take cash.
after about 4,5 days i finally got my licence and went fishing never knowing where i actually can go as this is nowhere specified and i looked allot on governemnt websites which are mostly only spanish. I asked in a fishing gear shop and they told me that i can go anywhere but one little area and the harbours but they couldnt tell me what is specified as "the harbour", what about swimmers in the area and what about size limits

I felt treated badly as i think tourism is almost certainly the biggest market there a little more english/german help would be not to much to ask.
Also for a ministry responsible for a certain process a bit of accurate information on it would be mandatory imho.

Buddy. Spain and english.... LOL! Forget about it! You will find exceptionally few people speaking English over there, even less low-ranking bureaucrats.

Perhaps because so few English speakers go there! :D

Well... it’s the no. 1 tourist country for the Nordic countries, Germany, UK, etc. so one could think they’d pick up a word or two. :)

Ahhh... was that irony btw? I’m not very good at spotting that in english! :)

Reactions: Mr. X
Helllo guys do you have any info if the situation has changed in the balearic islands?
I go to mallorca for a week soon and i tried to find a licence formular in english/german but the government website where this can be done is only available in catalan and spanish.
What is the penalty for spearing without?

Ive been in Fuerte Verntura last year and it was a mad trip to get the licence.
The biggest problem was that in the ministries hardly anybody speaks english or german and its very hard to find out how to approach the "problem".
Also ive been given allot of false information there. For example the ministry told me that only a federal hospital can issue the medical examination.
On the question where fishing is prohibited they couldnt even give me an answer.

Later i found out that i can just go to any doctor which i did. Then a little back and forth from the ministry to the bank as the ministry is not allowed to take cash.
after about 4,5 days i finally got my licence and went fishing never knowing where i actually can go as this is nowhere specified and i looked allot on governemnt websites which are mostly only spanish. I asked in a fishing gear shop and they told me that i can go anywhere but one little area and the harbours but they couldnt tell me what is specified as "the harbour", what about swimmers in the area and what about size limits

I felt treated badly as i think tourism is almost certainly the biggest market there a little more english/german help would be not to much to ask.
Also for a ministry responsible for a certain process a bit of accurate information on it would be mandatory imho.

Afaik Licence acquired in 1 state is valid in another. So if you gotten licence on Fuerte where I live, its valid for 3 years. According to bylaws that I read 4 years ago any member state licence is valid, so my first licence I bought was the Catalan one as everyone can be done online.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT