• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Speafishing Video [West Palm to Keys]

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Wow - Hats off! That is very good shooting and great filming - Thanks for posting!

Arr interesting, do you think the Tovarich is of a better quality? Why did you swap over?

Superb once again Sir.:)
What depth are you diving to? As on some of the dives it seems fairly deep?
And whatever that gun is, mamba or otherwise it don’t half kill those fish STONE dead!

Arr interesting, do you think the Tovarich is of a better quality? Why did you swap over?

i like it better. The shot is more powerful than the mamba if you can believe that. There isn't any drag on the spear since there are no sealing kit and slider. Mamba works great but i bend too many spears shooting big fish. Tovarich spears are cheaper since you only need to drill a hole in the front end of them and shape the end. I think the shot is straighter a tiny bit when you fire 5m and more. Tovarich oring is internal and doesn't get cut up by fish. And customer service with Ramon (who makes them) is 100 times better than maorisub. Maorisub reels are the best though.

Depth ranges from 60ft to 85ft.

Now that is interesting. So do you just attach the line to a point near the front of the spear by drilling through the spear and with no slider or anything. The accuracy looks great with some fantastic long shots. What sort of line are you using and any pictures of your gun set up - please.

Dave

Now that is interesting. So do you just attach the line to a point near the front of the spear by drilling through the spear and with no slider or anything. The accuracy looks great with some fantastic long shots. What sort of line are you using and any pictures of your gun set up - please.

Dave

i use 1.4 mono.

tovarich%20spear.JPG

Tovarich%20spear-end.jpg

Reactions: Old Man Dave
Thanks Harry. That looks like ss cable in your photo? Do you use cable and then mono or mono right to the spear?

Dave

Whatever it is Dave it doesn't seem to effect accuracy - Harry I have adapted my mamba in a similar way but we were concerned about the front line attachment effecting the spear flight?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT