• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spear Shaft Cones

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kodama

Jun 20, 2016
Could anyone give me a good lead for shaft cones in Europe? I have searched all over but I can’t find any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful with Sigalsub cones! Yes, they are great but made for Sigal shafts which have a slightly reduced diameter in front of the barb. It's actually pretty smart as it means the cone rests against a small step - the part of the shaft just in front of the barb where the shaft goes back up to its nominal diameter. If I remember correctly this reduction is about 0.15-0.2mm which is not much but means that most of their cones will be slightly too small to fit other manufacturers' shafts.

Salvimar makes some 7mm ones, don't know if they make bigger ones.
Devoto make some, too.

As always, my recco for a knowledgeable shop - which I do think carries some of these - would be edosub.it.

Okay thanks guys for the lead. I will look into it.

As for Edosub.it don't be put off by the old school website. He has a lot of good stuff, good pricing and fast shipping. Just email him. He normally responds fast and I hear he is on Facebook, too.

Just placed an order with edosub. I wish I found this store a couple of years ago. Would have saved me a lot of effort. Hopefully his service is as good as you say it is.

Just placed an order with edosub. I wish I found this store a couple of years ago. Would have saved me a lot of effort. Hopefully his service is as good as you say it is.

It should be and I feel like everyone who I have referred had good interactions with him. But please do let us know how it goes. He is knowledgeable (especially in airguns) and surprisingly competitive in pricing given that he is a small shop. He has always packed my orders well and shipped out fast, too. I think it would help his business to modernize his website and payment system but it's a small hassle given the good experiences I have had with him.

Neosub/Neossub(?) is another italian shop that's good, especially in airguns. It's almost a toss up between Edo and Neo but I just have more orders in with Edo by now.

Another very knowledgeable Italian is Andrea from deepblue/deeper blue something store. He also has a very good selection of blue water gear and runs some highly rated big fish charters, I hear. So, he should know his stuff on the bigger rigging/hunting.

(I'm traveling without my laptop these weeks hence the lack of proper links).

Dealing with edosub was a pleasure. Highly professional service. They will receive business from me again in the future.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
cone.jpg
For what its worth, I just got some Hunt shafts for my Abellans and they come with cones welded on.

Last edited:
Be careful with Sigalsub cones! Yes, they are great but made for Sigal shafts which have a slightly reduced diameter in front of the barb. It's actually pretty smart as it means the cone rests against a small step - the part of the shaft just in front of the barb where the shaft goes back up to its nominal diameter. If I remember correctly this reduction is about 0.15-0.2mm which is not much but means that most of their cones will be slightly too small to fit other manufacturers' shafts.

Salvimar makes some 7mm ones, don't know if they make bigger ones.
Devoto make some, too.

As always, my recco for a knowledgeable shop - which I do think carries some of these - would be edosub.it.

^^ This. The Sigal sub cones are different sized and I found out the hard way by ordering the size I thought worked and they were too small. Does the edosub site have English version/translation?

Reactions: Diving Gecko
^^ This. The Sigal sub cones are different sized and I found out the hard way by ordering the size I thought worked and they were too small. Does the edosub site have English version/translation?
Nah, his website is pretty archaic but facebook or email him, his English is good so just chat to him directly instead.
That said, I find that Google Chrome with built in translator does an OK job on a lot of foreign language sites.

Reactions: SubSub
Nah, his website is pretty archaic but facebook or email him, his English is good so just chat to him directly instead.
That said, I find that Google Chrome with built in translator does an OK job on a lot of foreign language sites.

Ill have to give that a try thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT