• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing a nice Dusky Grouper after covid!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AndrianBLUE

Jul 23, 2020
Hi from Greece guys!
Another spearfishing adventure (after covid kept me away from the water for a while) which rewarded us with a nice dusky grouper!
Enjoy!

Dive Safe!

Reactions: Andrew the fish
Hey man, great vid! Wanted to ask which camera and lighting rig are you using for those? Recently got into underwater photography and was digging some forums and blogs for a decent setup that is not extremely expensive. So far liking Sealife Sea Dragon rig with their Micro 3.0 underwater cameras https://gritroutdoors.com/sealife/ but would love some advice from a person that does such well-shot videos! Thanks in advance

Hi
Thanks!
All the underwater videos are with gopros and not lighting at all. We cannot use something different when spearfishing because we have to secure the camera on the mask.

Reactions: Marko08
Thanks! We really enjoy our adventures out in the sea! Every time we get out there with the same enthusiasm and hope for a great catch!

Awesome video. Shots look very long, half of the time I was surprised you took the shot. How deep were you fishing? Also appear very deep on camera.

Awesome video. Shots look very long, half of the time I was surprised you took the shot. How deep were you fishing? Also appear very deep on camera.
Hi Andrew. Sorry for late response but i didn't get a notification about your reply.
Yeah I like taking long shots! Our areas are over fished and the fish keep their distance. It is harder to find worthy fish at shallow depths too.
In these video we were diving up to 25m depth.

Reactions: Andrew the fish
I didn't receive a notification regarding your reply, therefore I apologize for the delayed response.
Long shots are fun for me, too! The fish avoid our locations because they are overfished. Finding good fish at shallow depths is even more difficult.
We were diving to a depth of 25 meters in these videos.

It might be but IP adresses confirm coming from US so I'm going to leave for now.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT