• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Alaska!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

onebreath280

Aug 5, 2012
Anybody have any info on spearfishing in Alaska? I am moving to Kodiak in a few weeks and would love to do some spearfishing in the Berring Sea! I would also love to hear of any freedivers in the area. I would immagine that the freedivers are a prety exclusive bunch in AK. I have been diving the north west for the last 7 years from north cali to the puget sound. I am really looking foreward to diving in Alaska and would love to hear from some veterans.

I'm always looking for dive buddies and i've been fixing boats this winter for buddies in trade for rides out to better spots. I'm in the water everyday it's decent out. We normally split gas for the drive or pitch in for the boat ride when we go. Salmon are in the bay already so it's time to get ready

Im ready to go! I have been diving a lot lately but by myself (I know, bad...) it has been hard to find people in the area to freedive with. I will send you a PM with my #.

Pacheco and Onebreath

it isn't very active, especially this time of year, but there is an AlaskaFreedivers group on Yahoo.

It could be a good way to make connections, as well as to let everybody know when the halibut show up around Kodiak ; )

Howard

I just moved here, and am looking for people to dive with too. I am diving Monashka Bay Saturday morning, send me a PM if you're interested!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…