• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing ban in Abu Dhabi

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
This is bad!!! I should really consider freediving full time. I hope somebody comes up with a good info on this, maybe Wasseem of Hayaari?

This is bad!!! I should really consider freediving full time. I hope somebody comes up with a good info on this, maybe Wasseem of Hayaari?

Spoke to Wassim.. turns out it was a nasty rumour :)

Thats good news!!!:friday Bad news for the trevs:martial hehehe...

Thanks Sarah

Good that they did not ban it, but on the other hand still i am trying to get a straight forward answer about the rules of spearfishing in UAE to be honest did not get one so far. Two weeks ago we been to DUBAI by a boat and late ron Police Cost guards came to check on the boat and the captain told us to put down the spear guns so that they will not see them eventhough they will not do anything if they see them not sure why it is going like this. I have one friend who was arranging a trip to Abu Dahbi by boat and he told me i can not take you there to Abu Dahbi and i afraid to get this wrong there then i can not help u since he is local and nothing to harm him but he was not sure about taking me with him...

Hope there is a way to make spearfishing rules more clear here but still we are lucky we are spearfishing all time and nothing to bother...

Hello everyone, I am planning a trip in few weeks to visit a friend in Dubai .. can anyone please suggest a good spot for spearfishing off of the shore? and also another area where we can hire a boat for few hours to take us to a couple of good reef spots?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome Gladiator i dive usually in Ajman and Um Al quain Area it is easy to get there in like 1 hour from DUBAI (These are Shore locations). In Ajman you can go to three places one is Hamriya third Wave breaker, Al Nojom Island, and Al Zohra spot. In Um al Quan I know two spots one is wave breaker and the second one is wreck both located on AL QORNEESH. For boat I know two Captains one in DUBAI his name is Yousef 0508464222 and in Khorfakkan Captain Rashed 0504537378 For more nice dives it is Khorfakkan where you will get nice Corals Scenes... For more details when you reach here i will pass my phone number @ ur PM.

Thank you so much Salih for the info .. I really appreciate it. I will for sure call you once I'm in Dubai to see also if you like to join us.

Salam

I am sorry that this rumor seems to be right... Plz check with Rey from Al Sammak and he got info that even selling spearguns in Abu Dahbi is banned and if you wanna buy one will be under the table...

Please anyone get info let us know!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT