• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing contest

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

deckhand mike

Feb 26, 2007
Does anyone know of any upcoming spearfishing contest in California, or for that matter any at all? Any info would be appreciated. If so do you need to be a "ranked" spearfisherman to enter? Also heard a rumor about a pole spear comp. When is that? Thanks to all who reply!

Hey Mike,
Check out NORCAL Skindivers. They have competitions, I think it cost about 20 bucks. It would be cool to put together a little local comp sometime.
Kale

Not sure it would be much of a contest against you guys. I'll get my but kicked but if I want to enter some comps I should probally start getting used to it. You can find me in the shallow end of the ocean, I'll be the guy with the swimmies. But seriously we should do a little local contest and each throw down a few bucks, I know Owen would be down and my buddy Lyn. Going to dive spooners sunday let me know if you want to go.

Message to all spearos on the central coast of california if you want to throw down a few bucks we'll see if we can get a little contest going!

There are clubs in CA that put on monthly competitions. See if you can contact some of the clubs. If they don't do spearfishing competitions they will probally be able to put you onto others that do.

I don't know Mike you seem to do pretty damn good. Yeah I could get a few guys too, that would be fun:friday . We'll have to go practice next time it gets flat! There's a comp up where I go ab diving that has a polespear division, I'll check the dates and maybe we can go.
Kale

Last edited:

In Southern California, Los Angeles Fathomiers look under the calendar section, and the home page to see the next dive competition.

Do you have to be a fathomier to enter?

Fathomiers welcomes individual divers who enjoy learning the specialized skill of underwater hunting and the selective and conservative taking of game.

CA DFG fishing license required.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…