• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lars Øverås

Apr 18, 2018
Hi

I'm new to the forums. Live in Norway.
Going to Portugal on vacation now in May 2018 for surfing, possibly free diving/spearfishing, and I have a few questions.
  1. Wondering if there are any regulations to fishing there with spearguns / slings?
  2. Do I need a license?
  3. Tips for good spots?
  4. Are there any spearfishing guides / instructors down there this time of year?
Thanks!

Hello! I go to Portugal every year (Azores).
You do need a license that can be obtained in a so called RIAC office: https://www.riac.azores.gov.pt/#!/
You need to locate one in the town you will be staying at, go there and buy a license for 'pesca submarina'. make sure you have your passport or equivalent with you. You can get a license for a week, month or year
They are cheap, especially for a Norwegian
There no speargun regulations. You can not take a dusky grouper and there is a certain limit (10 kilos?) of fish per day.
You have to verify the zones where spearing might be prohibited. On Azores there are quite a few.
The rest you have to find out locally. Tell where you will be staying and some Portuguese guys can chime in to give you more pointers.
Cheers!

Reactions: SubSub

Lars -

Sorry I don't have any information for Portugal, but I will be in the Lofoton islands this summer (end of June/beginning of July) and I have similar questions:

1. Wondering if there are any regulations to fishing there with spearguns / slings?
  2. Do I need a license?
  3. Tips for good spots?
  4. Are there any spearfishing guides / instructors down there this time of year?
Any information will be appreciated.

David

1. No regulations
2. No need of licens
3. I dont have spots in lofoten, but if u ever go to Hitra DM me.
4. cant help here either, try asking here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fridykkmidtnorge/?fref=nf

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…