• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Gloves?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

defofthecrown

Morone saxatilis
Mar 8, 2003
I was thinking the ss wrapped rapalla fillet gloves would make rather long lasting dive gloves. They are also relatively cheap and don't hinder movement too much. They have no insulating qualities but perhaps over a three mil glove...?

Anyone tried this?

Atlas gloves are pretty popular and dirt cheap. They have blue rubber on the palm and fingers, it gives great grip. They cost about five bucks. I seen a different brand at walmart, I think stanley, that was exactly the same but $3.50. No insulating qualities although but they work good.

Got a pair of those but normally just wear my decrepid 3mil henderson gloves b/c they allow more tactile sensation.

I wear the same blue rubber palmed gloves that HSD suggested. You wont see me buying anymore expensive gloves. I bought a pair of nice looking expensive Beuchat leather gloves that lasted me all of 4 dive trips. I now buy the blue rubber palmed gloves for 99 cents at Northern Tools and no longer get upset when they break.

Reactions: Jon
I use working gloves or garden job gloves in summers they are around 2usd and good for about a season :)

Hi guys,

I bought a Tigullio dive gloves 3 years ago and it still perfect. May be you know what i am talking about. Same as Grey/Black OMER gloves but just cheaper brand. Upper of the gloves is something stretchy and under (palms) is grey leather like material. I used it, may be 25-30 dives in rough conditions (rubbed it on/in rocks). But it is still good condition. Ok its not 2 dollars but it will sure last long. Isn't it better to buy gloves in every season??

May be trick is how i maintain it. I wash it after every dive with fresh water both inside and outside, then i dry it. But don't put it where see direct sun's rays.

Murat, it's not the cleaning or maintaining that kills my gloves... it's the dragging it across coral, wrestling with spiny lobsters, prying off abalone, holding ground in current, etc.

My fingertips wear through regular gloves in Hawaii pretty quick. up here with 5mm gloves, they last for a while, but the seams all leak :(

I use the blue smurf gloves(rubber-dipped work gloves) when tako (octopus) diving in Hawaii, but bust out the better ones when I dive with others or serious fish hunting... gotta look good :hmm

Reactions: Murat
Yeah I wear through the fingertips of my good leather gloves in no time at all. I also have not owned a pair of spearfishing gloves that hasn't leaked but oh well. I do care for all my gear and I wash it all no matter how late at night I get home, first I wash the boat and flush the engine and then I wash every last piece of gear that I took whether it saw the water or not. I guess it is just normal wear and tear.

Reactions: Murat
Glacier Gloves

Def,

Check out Glacier Gloves, they have a web site. They are not marketed to divers, but are the best fitting neoprene glove that I have found, I'm really picky about gloves and don't like to give up any more dexterity than I have to. The gloves that I have are their plain 2mm version with velcro wrist strap, the strap seems to help a lot to seal out excess flushing, as far as wear goes, I got two seasons out of a pair and they are toast, a price I will happily pay for the great fit and dexterity. I used them April to October in NH and RI so warmth should not be an issue where you are. Highly reccomended.

Adios, Guy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT