• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in France

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

markw

Feb 3, 2004
Hi,
I'm off to the West Coast of France in a couple of weeks time with my trusty sporasub H-dessault speargun and my picasso (or my new polosub if it arrives) wetsuit in the vain hope of catching some fish.

However, I hear on the grapevine (one of the chaps in our Cannes office) that the French in their usual manner have slapped a law on spearfishing in France - does anyone know anything about this and whether or not it will just be freediving for me next week when I visit the west coast!

Any help would be mighty fine!

Regards,

Mark Wayt.

what do you mean??

i'm french you just need a paper that allow you to spear fish and a paper from you insurance saying that you are ensured in case of incident.

That is for French spearfishermen, I don't know if there is something different for foreign people

you will find this paper in harbour office or you can download it over here:

http://www.spearboy.com/declaration%20peche%20sous-marine2003.rtf

I was sort-of referring to the political shenanigans going on as covered in this month's apnea magazine with the FFESSM or whatever they're called?

My friend (who lives in Cannes) who told me about this has said that he has had mates that have been stopped by the police and asked to show their right to spearfish licence!

Nonetheless, I didn't get to go in more than once and I didn't take my gun with me just in case :( The weather was favourable to surfers but not to divers :( :(

St Jean De Luz, however, I would recommend as a good place, when the weather's right, which is rare :(

Next time I think either the med coast or further north towards La Rochelle may be better.

Thanks anyway!

Mark.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT