• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Ghana ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Capespearo

Cracker Killer
Mar 9, 2004
Hi,I have a mate who has a 6 week contract in Ghana from the middle of Feb and is keen to do some spearing there.Anyone on the board from there or dived there before ? He's trying to find out what the regulations are (licences,polespearing only ? etc.).
Thanks

Hi Capespearo
What did your mate do finally? I am going for a long term assignment in Ghana and would appreciate any relevant information...
Thanks

Hi,
The water was apparently very dirty inshore with only the slightest swell which would kick up silt off the bed.
But if they got out beyond the dirty water the fish life was amazing.I have attached a pic of a fish one of the guys got on a shore dive just outside the harbour wall !

Attachments

• Ryan-burmester-with-42kg-[1].jpg
    Ryan-burmester-with-42kg-[1].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 380
jeez bru! nice fish....just outside the harbour wall? hehehehe....dont find things like that in simonstown!

There are plenty big fish outside the harbour wall in Simonstown.
They are kinda grey on top with white stomachs and chase the poor little seals all over the show :)

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
i just thought that id let them live ....they arent that tasty and after you shoot one or two you have to get out they get kinda heavy! (maybe i should just use a float next time and not a belt stringer....) lol

Thanks for the info Capespearo. The fish looks great..Seems I have to bring in big guns..

Am heading out to tarkwa for 3months on the 27th july any spearos in that area i could catch up with.

you are doing much better than me in the frozen land of canada

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 338
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 298
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 282
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 300
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 292
Hi Everyone.

Are there still any spearo's around in Ghana? Looking for a dive buddy.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone.

Are there still any spearo's around in Ghana? Looking for a dive buddy.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hey Jean,
Any luck and are you still in Ghana? I will be here until February and definitely looking to getting in the water?
Cheers!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT